• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ok guys. Why shorten a AR barrel from 16 inches to 14.5 just to pin and WELD a flash hider to get

Apparently not, ;)

IMG_0028[1].JPG

Honestly, I ended up finding a good deal in Gainesville several years ago on a Colt LE upper. It was 14.5 and needed to be made legal. And yes, when propping it up against my 16" with standard muzzle device the 14.5 with standard/permanent muzzle devise the 14.5 looks cooler.

I don’t own an AR15 rifle with a barrel longer than 12.5”. Zero interest in a 16” 5.56.

I won’t own a pinned muzzle device on anything though so I guess I’m no help.
Is that because you 9nly shoot suppressed ? I had a CAR15 with the pinned and welded long flash hider style upper kinda fall in my lap back when I first joined here. I really like the looks of that setup. Should've it that one .

Is that because you 9nly shoot suppressed ? I had a CAR15 with the pinned and welded long flash hider style upper kinda fall in my lap back when I first joined here. I really like the looks of that setup. Should've it that one .

I prefer to shoot suppressed although sometimes I do not. I want the option to though.

Wbats the best length for 300bo or 5.56 and a Standard dobbs 30 cal can?

iirc 300 BLK is 9.5”. At least that’s what the experts said years ago when I cared.

5.56 doesn’t really matter though. The ARC 30 is a big can so anything you put it on is going to add a bunch of length.

I have a AAC cyclone which is about the same size as the ARC 30 and I don’t use it on 5.56 ARs because it’s so big.

iirc 300 BLK is 9.5”. At least that’s what the experts said years ago when I cared.

5.56 doesn’t really matter though. The ARC 30 is a big can so anything you put it on is going to add a bunch of length.

I have a AAC cyclone which is about the same size as the ARC 30 and I don’t use it on 5.56 ARs because it’s so big.
The ARC30 also rivals the weight of your rifle. That beatrice is heavy

What would I need to do to a keltec plr16 in order to safely shoot a can on it? Is there different cans for different gas systems

Back
Top Bottom