• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ok men … I need some help

Some really good advice here. First go to your doctor and get your blood work done and check your testosterone and estrogen levels. Low T will make it hard to loose the weight and easy to keep it especially around the mid section. Weight loss is burn more calories than maintenance or eat less calories. A good balanced diet of protein, fats, carbs mixed with cardio and strength training should help alot. The issue is as we age everything slows down. So you may think you do not eat alot but your body may need less calories. Start with small changes that are easy for you to stick with. Examples cut out creamer and sweetner in coffee if you use any and drink black, reduce portion sizes of your meats and add some good carbs, sweet potatoes or some rice, vegetables. start just walking 10-30 mins a day and stick with lifting.

Paleo diet(basically the perimeter of the grocery stores, veggies, meat, fruit ext)

Mountain biking 3-4 times a week for a hour

7-8 hours sleep a night

diet is the key. Im over 50 and I changed the way I eat and was able to drop fat and keep my muscle. (not a big mind you but still) and the best part is that I was able to drop my 1 pill a day acid blocker that Ive been taking for two years. Those things are terrible for you.

I also follow Jim Stoppani. He's a bottomless pit of knowledge and has his own supplement line. great videos and articles,diet plans,workout routines,etc.

Some really good advice here. First go to your doctor and get your blood work done and check your testosterone and estrogen levels. Low T will make it hard to loose the weight and easy to keep it especially around the mid section. Weight loss is burn more calories than maintenance or eat less calories. A good balanced diet of protein, fats, carbs mixed with cardio and strength training should help alot. The issue is as we age everything slows down. So you may think you do not eat alot but your body may need less calories. Start with small changes that are easy for you to stick with. Examples cut out creamer and sweetner in coffee if you use any and drink black, reduce portion sizes of your meats and add some good carbs, sweet potatoes or some rice, vegetables. start just walking 10-30 mins a day and stick with lifting.
This.
Also try and cut things out that disrupt your hormones. Dont cook things with plastic utensils, dont heat food in plastics. Avoid manufactured foods like processed oats because they are actually garbge
Seed oils will also make you fat because of their nature. They also are more likely to cause cardio vascular issues for the same reason. Thats a whole rabbit hole so google it to learn more

Somebody said it above, but stick to the outside of the grocery store.

I remember the saying of not to eat anything in a box, can or bag. Of course not the salads and such, but hopefully you get the drift.

I'm not an older guy but I've never worked out and been sitting behind a desk the past 7 years. I'm not fat, but I'm not fit either. The only thing I can guess that's kept my weight off is I only eat once a day between 4pm and 6pm. Been doing that for the past 16 years. I've noticed that heavier people tend to eat large meals 3 times a day and supper is always after 7.

Back
Top Bottom