• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ok seriously though

Has anybody ever shot a deer or hog with a .375 ruger? If so what kind of damage does it do? If not what is the biggest caliber you’ve shot either with? And damage report

45.70 - high shoulder shot at about 30 yards with The Hornady Lever ammo. Both front quarters were rendered inedible and the heart lungs were liquified. Looked like the deer had been wearing a suicide vest.

Shoot yeah man that sounds like it laid the smack down.

It was nasty. It was a small eating size doe and busted guts.

I killed a spike when I was a kid on an accidental "Texas Heart Shot" with 220gr Core Loks with an 06' when I was a kid and it wasn't as bad. My Grandpa called me "Ass Shooter" for a while after that. He had a weak stomach.

It was nasty. It was a small eating size doe and busted guts.

I killed a spike when I was a kid on an accidental "Texas Heart Shot" with 220gr Core Loks with an 06' when I was a kid and it wasn't as bad. My Grandpa called me "Ass Shooter" for a while after that. He had a weak stomach.
Yeah i don’t like gut shots, but hey sometimes it happens. The doe that is my avatar, I shot through the front of the chest and it came out the stomach on the inside. It was pretty bad and it was with a .308 though

Yeah i don’t like gut shots, but hey sometimes it happens. The doe that is my avatar, I shot through the front of the chest and it came out the stomach on the inside. It was pretty bad and it was with a .308 though

With small deer you can just about disassemble them with bad shot placement.

I'm color blind & can’t track blood easily. Switched from 06 to 338 WM at 18 after losing a deer. Moved to 300 WHBY a few years later then to 300 RUM. Been using the likes of these for 30 years and haven’t lost a deer since. Does it make a mess? Depends on shot placement. Drop back behind shoulders about 5-6” for does. Big bucks...right in the shoulder and break everything- that’s messy but he’ll drop every time. I load Barnes for the 300’s and SP mainly for the 338.

Back
Top Bottom