• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ok somebody edjucate me on this class III stuff

CBH13

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
164   0
Reaction score
so ive now hit that point where i have the ability and want to jump into class 3 and need some educating on the process and suppressor choice.

the only rounds i noramlly shoot are 22 9mm and 5.56 but i also do like 10mm occasionally so if i could get that one as well it would be perfect. its my understanding that i'd be best suited buying a pistol suppressor right now for the 22 and 9mm and getting a dedicated 5.56 or .30 cal suppressor later on.

so my questions are what is the easiest way to go about purchasing one nowadays, i know trusts used to be the go to but i dont know if that changed or not.

second would be what would be a good recommendation for the calibers listed i was looking at the tirant 45 deal thats going on right now but dont know if its rated for 10mm. trying to keep the cost below 500 not including the stamp

Careful bro! Remember there is no turning back. It gets bad, you won't Even look at a gun unless it's threaded. And your AR has to be shorter than 16in it just has to
Hahaha! Soooooo true!

I used to think threaded pistols looked weird and ugly.

Now that I've gotten into NFA stuff I won't buy one if it's not threaded.

http://libertycans.net/cosmic/
https://www.griffinarmament.com/OPTIMUS-SILENCER-p/gaopt.htm

Here are two cans that can do every caliber you listed. Do all cans are not the best at anything but can do most everything. Caliber specific cans are usually quieter. Also a big honkin can on a rimfire pistol kinda sucks, the diameter is way to big and it is heavy imo. If I had it to do over again I would do a 45 can, a heavy duty 30 caliber can and a Dobbs AL rimfire can. Those three can do almost anything.

Careful bro! Remember there is no turning back. It gets bad, you won't Even look at a gun unless it's threaded. And your AR has to be shorter than 16in it just has to

Threaded barrels for the win! After I got my suppressor they went from looking kinda weird to sexy real quick

http://libertycans.net/cosmic/
https://www.griffinarmament.com/OPTIMUS-SILENCER-p/gaopt.htm

Here are two cans that can do every caliber you listed. Do all cans are not the best at anything but can do most everything. Caliber specific cans are usually quieter. Also a big honkin can on a rimfire pistol kinda sucks, the diameter is way to big and it is heavy imo. If I had it to do over again I would do a 45 can, a heavy duty 30 caliber can and a Dobbs AL rimfire can. Those three can do almost anything.

those three sizes are kinda what i was thinking of trying to end up with. my thinking was to get the 45 can first as that will also me to shoot my pistols and 22 as well even though it may not be the best, then prob get a 22 can in a few months after that

those three sizes are kinda what i was thinking of trying to end up with. my thinking was to get the 45 can first as that will also me to shoot my pistols and 22 as well even though it may not be the best, then prob get a 22 can in a few months after that
Solid plan. Those other guys are right though, once you dip your toe in the nfa game your diving in head first before you know it. Welcome to the addiction.

I have the Rugged Obsidian 45 and the ARC22.
I love them both. I had some friends over today and we shot 400 9MM, 250 45ACP and 400 22LR in my back yard.
It doesn't get any better than that!
Now I'm looking for a 30 cal can for the rifles, I am leaning towards the ARC30.

Whatever you get, shoot one first. Just like guns, what one person prefers may not be what you want.

There are some very high quality 22 cans available, but all you hear is folks mention the cheap cans. If you factor in the tax and the year long wait, the extra 50 or hundred bucks for a can made with quality parts is more than worth it. Oh, and get the 22 can first, you can put a 22 conversion kit on your pistol, and a $99 threaded barrel on your 10/22 and shoot till you can't see the ground for the brass.

Something else, check your local ranges. Some will let you shoot your can while you wait on the paperwork to go through. If their prices are high you can buy it from some place like silencer shop and have them send it to that range. They are getting form 3 approvals within 24 hours now. That adds a week to your wait but you get to shoot it while you wait.

Back
Top Bottom