• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ok somebody edjucate me on this class III stuff

thats a good point about the ranges, would have to see. im leaning very heavily towards the tirant 45 right just because that 350 price is mighty tempting even though i dont think its rated for 10mm :(.

so how is the easiest way to go about buying these now? dont you need to get a letter filled out by the police chief or something like that?

Nope you only have to send a letter informing your local LEO. Some places have a kiosk that can do fingerprints and photos on site. That is the easiest way.

Most of the time the dealer lays all that out and helps with the paperwork. It really is pretty easy. Fingerprints can be done at a sheriff's office and photos at Walgreens or CVS I think. Post office can also do photos. The worst part is the wait, the tax is just BS.

TiRant45 is a good can (I have one). Just make sure you can get the pistons for it. I shoot mine on 9mm (a little big), 45acp and an AR9. If you were local, I'd let you try mine. Just know that you will be buying a lot of 147 sub 9mm. Also, since these are basically lifetime purchases, do your homework.

Just going to toss my 2 cents in. Many times you can use the same suppressor for .22 and your AR. Just make sure it is stainless and the manufacturer will warranty this type of use.

Also the easiest way to get a suppressor is through the Silencer Shop. Once you are set up the next transfer is super easy. Your Dealer may be able to help you get set up. They take care of everything. As a manufacturer they are great to work with.

Solid plan. Those other guys are right though, once you dip your toe in the nfa game your diving in head first before you know it. Welcome to the addiction.

This is what happens. And because of that, I would recommend dedicated cans instead of a do-all can. Besides, it kind of sucks switching the same can back-and-forth on different rifles. It changes the poi, they get hot, and then all your guns feel naked that don't have the can. And not naked in a good way. Like you only have one functioning weapon.

If I did it over again, I would buy the perfect can for my favorite caliber, dedicated to that weapon, and then buy more .

The only exception to that for myself would be if I didn't foresee the possibility of buying more.

thats a good point about the ranges, would have to see. im leaning very heavily towards the tirant 45 right just because that 350 price is mighty tempting even though i dont think its rated for 10mm :(.

so how is the easiest way to go about buying these now? dont you need to get a letter filled out by the police chief or something like that?

The easiest thing to do is just to buy it right now. Get the clock running. Like going to the doctor when you're sick and swallowing the bill. Just do it and get it going.

And while you're waiting for it, go ahead and buy the other one.

The Osprey 45 is an excellent can. Had no desire to suppress a .45 but my son talked me into it and it's awesome. Get the 5 pack of different pistons. Buds had them for $250 when I got mine I have numerous suppressors. But I use one of my .22 cans a lot A .22 can is a no brainer must have. Dobbs ARC .22 is great.

Back
Top Bottom