• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ok turkey fryers

Brining is the way to go. We have tried several different mixtures over the years and don't notice much if any difference in the flavor between them, but it sure helps in keeping the birds juicy. We mix the brine in a 5 gallon bucket and sink the thawed bird in there refrigerated for a couple of days. Then inject with a mix of Tony C's and butter with a light coating of Tony's on the skin and deep fry in peanut oil. 1000's of brine mixes online, pick one and go with it. Good luck.

I think fried turkey is the most overrated holiday meat. It is also responsible for loads of house fires and trips to the e.r. With burns every year.
That said. First and foremost make absolutely certain your turkey is completely thawed. Brine in a solution of water, canning salt and brown sugar. Inject with a mix of Cajun seasoning and melted butter.
Enjoy

Try it the safe way!
Oil-Less
They run about $99
I’ve had mine for 5+ years and it’s awesome.

Do you really like blowing $35 bucks for peanut oil every time you fry a turkey?

F5197776-157E-427F-BB6C-CF7FEE05D86B.jpeg
3D7E553F-D70D-4408-8558-CEB88F412DC3.jpeg

Npowers66 Npowers66 Rub a few pork chops or a small pork tenderloin in your fav BBG rub and drop it in the fryer before the turkey. Won’t Take long and you have a great snack to eat while the turkey fries.They will bob around on the top of the oil when done. Don’t over cook them!

Back
Top Bottom