• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ok You crazy bunch. Need a Really good recommendations for an Optics cutting Smith

bulletslinger101

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
I have a Staccato P slide I need converted to a “DUO/ DPO” Optic cut that would accept the OEM mounting solutions offered through Staccato for an RMR or SRO. I do not want to mount the Optic directly to the cut itself.

Who out in ODT Land is able to make this happen or should I go a head and send it back to Staccato for the work to be done. I am calling them Monday mid morning for Pricing and lead times in case the ODT venture doesn’t work out.

EDIT- UPDATE from Dawson:

Hello,

Staccato offers the DPO cut on Staccato pistols as long as the pistol has a fixed rear sight. The adjustable rear sight is cut too deep into the slide to be compatible with the DPO cut.

--
We want to help and don't want to confuse you with anyone else, so please include original message text with all replies.

Huston
Tech Support
Dawson Precision
3300 County Rd 233, Florence, Texas 76527
866-300-1911

Respectfully
Chris
706) 580.3982

Send to staccato.

I figured someone would say this.... I can already contacted DP for the work in advance.

As soon as someone from DP returns the Q’s with A’s I sent in, I’ll update and post a copy and paste in the OP with all of the information. I’m expecting a few hundo right off the rip.

Somewhere around 300.00-400.00

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang bro spending big money huh? Show pics when you have that job done.

I have 3 (1911’s) in various calibers, all are nice and fun to shoot. I have 6-7 different G’s all in 9mm (started off collecting them because why not) One of them is my EDC. I have a few Sig’s all of which I love and love to shoot.

For some reason, I can’t stand shooting G’s however, I shoot with the G platform extremely well.

I thought it was time, time to have something nice, (NICE). Something I have been saving for for a few years. Something I have been hearing about for ever. Something I finally was able to get my hands on at Shot this year. Something I was able to talk extensively to a “STACCATO Smith” about and have some good conversations from my standpoint (he was prolly like here we go again. :)

I have never felt on of these until this year at Shot. I had been talking to a great guy on here that had one for Trade. We worked a deal and bazanga! I am a Staccato P owner.

As soon as I came home, after wiping it down and over what I just traded, I reassembled it, lubbers it up and went out onto my range. I loaded up 1 mag (17) rounds of Win White Box & instantly confirmed why I wanted one for so long.

The entire pistol from front to back and top to bottom was an absolute pleasure to fire! Everything was amazing.

Then I said to myself (cause now I have soooo many questions as to why I did not buy one muuuuuch earlier), now I need to find a C2. https://staccato2011.com/handguns/staccato-c2/

I’m starting to save now for next year....

Needless to say I have also heard that STACCATO’s are not as reliable in various environmental conditions if needing to be in them (mainly sand and dirt.

But how often am I in these conditions? (All the time).

What I have a G for. If I’m in the concrete jungle so to speak I’d have the C2.

I don’t want to have to different platforms however this is what I have chose to do for now. This may change in the future, IDK.

I shoot the Spartan extremely well so transitioning to this 2011 has been amazing as far as the grip feels in my hands!

Anyways, when DP gets back to me and post their reply I’ll update this thread in the OP.

Respectfully
Chris

I hope y’all have a fantastic day!

I figured someone would say this.... I can already contacted DP for the work in advance.

As soon as someone from DP returns the Q’s with A’s I sent in, I’ll update and post a copy and paste in the OP with all of the information. I’m expecting a few hundo right off the rip.

Somewhere around 300.00-400.00

Respectfully
Chris

The issue will be getting the stacatto cut. You could send it to Mac Defense or GFL to get it cut for an optic, but highly doubt that they can do the stacatto cut. FWIW, Mac Defense does do 1911/2011's and does have their own "future proof" optic cut design.

May also be easier to sell what you have and then buy a dpo.

The issue will be getting the stacatto cut. You could send it to Mac Defense or GFL to get it cut for an optic, but highly doubt that they can do the stacatto cut. FWIW, Mac Defense does do 1911/2011's and does have their own "future proof" optic cut design.

May also be easier to sell what you have and then buy a dpo.
any pic's of what you are selling? i like 1911

Back
Top Bottom