• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Okay I'm into watches again. Post your favorite models

21 bucks on eBay...

20170608_211302.jpg
20170608_211507.jpg

It feels surprisingly good. It has a quality heft and feel to it overall.

Case: Very smooth chromed but with obvious flaws in a few places like the openings for pushers. The case back is a ridged picture window with the model and other info stamped onto it, not stamped into or engraved in it. And I would be surprised if the crystal on either front or back was anything other than simply glass. Still, it looks pretty good.

Function: It came from the box ticking and the escapement was working as it should. The stem winds and sets the time. The upper pusher sets the date(which acts more like a click counter than a watch feature). The date counter also goes to 39 before lapping back to 00. LOL. The lower pusher sets the month. To set the day of the week you have to use a pen to push the recessed button opposite the lower pusher. And the control opposite the upper pusher is a dial which rotates the outer ring under the crystal which is numbered 13-24, theoretically for military or GMT tracking. Might be useful for a secondary time zone also I suppose.

The band is stiff and marked "Genuine Leather". Hmmm. OK. It feels good enough and time will tell if it has any endurance.

It is marketed as a tourbillon, which it OBVIOUSLY is not. But again, for $21 It's certainly nice.

For those who might have an interest in the Deep Blue watches, I just got an email with a new discount code: (www.deepbluewatches.com)

IN HONOR OF YOU (AND/OR YOUR DAD)

USE COUPON CODE DAD40

DURING CHECKOUT ENTER CODE: DAD40

AND SAVE 40% OFF YOUR ENTIRE*

DEEP BLUE PURCHASE!

(select DADSNGRADS special shipping option for added savings)

Should get these two in tomorrow:

s-l1600.jpg
s-l500O5BQFAQ2.jpg

I think I'm good for Bulova Precisionists now. LOL.

And this should be in by the end of the week.
s-l16002.jpg

What I am wearing now, but I have a few Invicta 47mm automatics I really like. I have a few Deep Blue Sea Rams. I also have some Invicta quartz movement watches, but am only buying automatics now. I like the Seiko movement they use. The price is several hundred dollars less than just the cleaning on my Omega Seamaster Professional Chronometer, and I can change them to match mood or events. The mickey Invicta is a 40mm automatic.
IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0248.JPG

What I am wearing now, but I have a few Invicta 47mm automatics I really like. I have a few Deep Blue Sea Rams. I also have some Invicta quartz movement watches, but am only buying automatics now. I like the Seiko movement they use. The price is several hundred dollars less than just the cleaning on my Omega Seamaster Professional Chronometer, and I can change them to match mood or events. The mickey Invicta is a 40mm automatic. View attachment 1205383 View attachment 1205385
Nice!

I have several automatics. I'm wearing one of my Aragon autos at the moment. They use the NH35 and NH36 Movements as well. I'm constantly torn between my love for Automatics and my other love for solar(Eco Drive) Citizens. And then there's my deep LIKE for simple quartz. As a result I have all three. The ONLY movement I really dislike is Seiko Kinetics.

Aside from the Miyota NH35/36 autos I also have the Oris with a Sellita SW220. I really like that watch and movement. It feels so fine(as in finely meshed and smoothly functioning). It has a sweet, delicate rasp when winding.

20170611_105916.jpg
20161211_203609.jpg

Back
Top Bottom