• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Okay I'm into watches again. Post your favorite models

20170617_175548.jpg

My mom gave this watch to me about 35 yrs ago. It is a Lorus Mickey Mouse. The crystal is broken. Anybody have a place that could repair it? I probably won't ever wear it, but i would like to see it look like new again

View attachment 1212565

My mom gave this watch to me about 35 yrs ago. It is a Lorus Mickey Mouse. The crystal is broken. Anybody have a place that could repair it? I probably won't ever wear it, but i would like to see it look like new again
That might be tough. Best guess would be to take it to a watch repair guy and let him measure the case and locate the size that will fit.

That might be tough. Best guess would be to take it to a watch repair guy and let him measure the case and locate the size that will fit.

Crazy thing is, I could buy a different watch off eBay for $20. But my mom didn't give it to me. I'll probably end up spending $100 on a $20 watch.

I've read too many reviews of Luminoxes where the bezel marker fell out or other places they've been weak. My Tritium canister watches are Reactors. I have a reactor MX with silicone strap for walking the dog or going jogging and I have a Reactor Gamma Titanium with the Never Dark(luminova AND Tritium) for the fun of it.

The MX:
No luminova on dial but 14 Tritium canisters.
View attachment 1210160

View attachment 1210159

The Gamma: Only 6 canisters but triple deep luminova on the dial and hands.

View attachment 1210163

View attachment 1210164

Borrowed pics from internet but same as mine...ok maybe prettier. Mine get worn.
That Gamma looks rugged.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom