• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Okay I'm into watches again. Post your favorite models

I ordered this Vostok Amphian on March ,14th and I'm still waiting on it.But it IS coming from Russia. So since I ordered it I've been looking at all kinds of other watches from Seiko to Skagen and everything in between. Then ifoundtheses really cool Shark Mesh watch bands on eBay and Amazon that look way cool.

The Shark Mesh brqnds come in stainless and black. I would love to have an all black watch with that bracelet. But I'm also looking for suggestions on my next watch. I prefer automatic movement watches. Thinking about a Seiko diver. Rolex guys please don't humiliate me here. I did the Vostok watches because they're like the SKS/ AK of watches. They're not as close on acxuracay as other watches but they put up with lost of punishment. Sound familiar?
600031_286201892642487.jpg

I picked this watch up at a Police Auction, New in the box. I don't know crap about watches was planning to gift it to one of my boys for Christmas. I paid $100.

If it's quartz, it's a $150 watch. If it's the Swiss Sellita movement, then around $330.
It's a quartz (battery powered). They go for around $120 on Amazon. It's a look-a-like of the Rolex Submariner, watch nerds like myself call it a "homage" rather than a copy. They seem to be well made and the bracelet looks nice.

For sub $500, I can't think of a nicer watch. I've had Tag Hueur, Breitling, and still have a couple of Seikos, but I like the Steinhart the best. Looks good on a strap or bracelet.

I agree, the Steinharts are probably the best value in a watch with a true Swiss movement. I currently have 2, I sold my Ocean One because I grew tired of the 'mercedes' hands look.

This early 80s vintage Seiko was my grandfather's. It needs a band. Most aftermarket metal bands look bad. They never seem to fit right especially between the lugs. It would probably look best with some type of leather band. But those are hot and uncomfortable to me. And it's not really a nato strap type of watch.
What to do...?
IMG_20180707_165727204.jpg

This early 80s vintage Seiko was my grandfather's. It needs a band. Most aftermarket metal bands look bad. They never seem to fit right especially between the lugs. It would probably look best with some type of leather band. But those are hot and uncomfortable to me. And it's not really a nato strap type of watch.
What to do...?View attachment 1691434

14717592992a32ea53dba4d8153295c5.jpg

It needs an old school flexband

View attachment 1691462

It needs an old school flexband
Well I would agree with you that the flex band would definitely be appropriate given the history and style of the watch. I just always hated the flex bands.
I just ordered this hat for work. I'm outdoors most of the time and constantly sunburned around the face and neck. But I had a helluva time finding a hat that wasn't overpriced hot as hell stupid looking or all of the above. Finally found this one that I refer to as an " Old Man Kmart Hat". BTW it didn't come from Kmart. No such place exists around here. I was gonna get the baby blue but the white was the only one left in my size. So...
With all that being said I think the flex band MIGHT work since it's not my only watch. Plus it will all go together just right when I get my old 85 LeBaron ragtop back from the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_20180707_180216120_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180707_180216120_HDR.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom