• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Okay I'm into watches again. Post your favorite models

View attachment 1691462

It needs an old school flexband

When I stopped in Hong Kong on the way to Nam, I shopped at the China Fleet Club and pick up a Seiko, for if I remember right 38 bucks..It was one of those self winders, I had the crystal replaced several times over the years. Every time I took it in to have it done I was asked where I purchased it...And I told them and asked why? I was informed that the shield with the number 5 was not sold in the USA..The face backing has deteriorated over the years and my son had it restored..Just thought you might like to know.

Another Seiko, an older SKX driver. I think I bought this one in '97, and it's my favorite 'anti-smart watch'.

I just picked another one of these to mod/upgrade, and I'll put a thread together when I have all of the parts.

View attachment 1854177

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I love that " Anti Smart Watch" thing. I'm stealing that just so you know.

I can even use my Galaxy Watch to control lights and the dual Nest thermostats in my house. Already in bed and feeling a little chill at night? Turn up the heat without having to get up.....Hear a noise outside? Turn on the floods before you even get up to check it out....

I even used my Galaxy Watch to check the thermostats in my house from Bermuda last week.....
In all honesty that's the stuff I dont like. I'd be interested in stuff I could accomplish on the local network of my own home. Having parts of my home connected to the internet, no thanks.

Looks good like it is already! Hard to go wrong with that model, so many options for mods, upgrades.

I bought 1 of these to mod a while back, as well as all the tools needed, but have been too busy for another hobby. Interested to see what you do to it.

I love that " Anti Smart Watch" thing. I'm stealing that just so you know.

I bought this well worn SKX007 from an Ebay seller for a shade over $60.

s-l400.jpg

I installed an upgraded NH36 movement, and a dial and hand set from a Seiko SNK805. I've ordered a new bezel and insert, but as a temporary measure I sanded the existing ring down to the bare metal to give it a different look. An olive NATO strap completes the military theme.

20181111_181502.jpg

20181111_190900.jpg

In all honesty that's the stuff I dont like. I'd be interested in stuff I could accomplish on the local network of my own home. Having parts of my home connected to the internet, no thanks.
Amen! No smart home bull**** for me. I'd rather not have my entire house hacked.

I bought this well worn SKX007 from an Ebay seller for a shade over $60.

View attachment 1864312

I installed an upgraded NH36 movement, and a dial and hand set from a Seiko SNK805. I've ordered a new bezel and insert, but as a temporary measure I sanded the existing ring down to the bare metal to give it a different look. An olive NATO strap completes the military theme.

View attachment 1864339
View attachment 1864342
I dig that winding crown in the 4:00 position. It's kinda uniquely Seiko.

It's awesome. I am taking a shower and someone calls, I just rotate the dial on the watch and it's a speakerphone and I don't miss the call. Of course you have to talk to me naked, but I can live with that.

Call me crazy, but that's about the one feature I don't want! I have a smart watch too but the two places I'm definitely not answering your calls is the shower and on the toilet. :D

Back
Top Bottom