• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Oklahoma State high court upholds voter ID law

aaaand.... i think you need an ID to see a doctor and open a bank account and cash a check

Not to be "that guy" because personally I think an ID should be presented to verify before voting but all those things you mentioned, privileges not rights. Requiring certain things to exercise your rights would be an infringement and we ALL know the only right the government can and easily does is the 2nd. Los if requirements on that one...

Not to be "that guy" because personally I think an ID should be presented to verify before voting but all those things you mentioned, privileges not rights. Requiring certain things to exercise your rights would be an infringement and we ALL know the only right the government can and easily does is the 2nd. Los if requirements on that one...
Voting is a right if you are legally eligible to do so. So I don't have a problem requiring an ID to vote. Especially since the resulting voter fraud that could occur (by those not legally eligible) could/would effect us all.

Voting is a right if you are legally eligible to do so. So I don't have a problem requiring an ID to vote. Especially since the resulting voter fraud that could occur (by those not legally eligible) could/would effect us all.

I disagree. Voting is a privilege, not a right, reserved for those that are eligible. I may be wrong but I do not believe voting is included in the Bill of of rights. Some please correct me if I am wrong.

I disagree. Voting is a privilege, not a right, reserved for those that are eligible. I may be wrong but I do not believe voting is included in the Bill of of rights. Some please correct me if I am wrong.

The US Constitution stated in Amendment XV, which was ratified by the states in 1870:
"Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.
~and more recently~
The US Constitution stated in Amendment XIX, which was ratified by the states in 1920:
"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
~And still MORE recently~
The US Constitution stated in Amendment XXIV, which was ratified by the states in 1964:
"Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or
Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay poll tax or other tax.
~And still MORE recently~
The US Constitution stated in Amendment XXVI, which was ratified by the states in 1971:
"Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

Voting is a both Constitutional right....AND a privilege.

https://www.theatlantic.com/nationa...tion-actually-say-about-voting-rights/278782/

Back
Top Bottom