• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old camper to utility trailer.

Got the decking and sides on.
I think I’m gonna weld on some C-channels on each side of front and rear and i can just slide in the tailgate board and front gate board as needed.
I bought some black stain for the wood but it’s looking so nice natural but Im gonna stain it in about a month after the treated wood dries out a bit.
I’d love to do a nice deep mahogany color with an epoxy coating but that’s overkill on the $$$$.
651626CD-7913-471E-92C3-D085C73F4D01.jpeg
B5514ED2-E7D9-4818-90B4-A0F942FDA011.jpeg
5EE9EC5A-1E5C-4348-89C7-BF908181C411.jpeg
F9A58967-4B1B-4741-96FD-CCCE16F79E2F.jpeg

it looks great, alittle too classy for a trailer.
If you add height and a roof then it could be a better camper then the pre-fab one. A removable pop=up camper top would make this utility and livable

it looks great, alittle too classy for a trailer.
If you add height and a roof then it could be a better camper then the pre-fab one. A removable pop=up camper top would make this utility and livable

I could always weld some pipe channels in the side.
Get some old tent poles and connectors and get a custom canvas top made.....would not be too hard but I’d rather pass on the idea of camping in it since it’s gonna be a utility trailer.

Gotta get a quality brake controller and upgrade the electric trailer brakes.
I haven’t pulled the wheel bearings yet but they sound quiet and don’t have any excess play.
Curious to see what’s inside the drums.
Good thing is that there are a lot of fairly inexpensive complete brake bolt on’s out there.
My only concern is I may have to do a lot of searching to find ones that work with my old school axle.
Also gonna weld some screw jacks to each side to jack up vehicle easily for maintenance/flat tire changes and for load stability on job sites.

Back
Top Bottom