• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old Eyes? New Shooting Glasses?

drvr8

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Tracker
31   1
Reaction score
My sight has been deteriorating for years. I currently wear glasses, but my progressives are not so hot for shooting since I look through the top of my lens, head down, and can’t see my front sights. Raising my head to see my front sights through the reader section of my lenses makes it nearly impossible to see my target, not to mention, the angle of my head makes it impossible to shoot effectively. I have pondered the idea of prescription shooting glasses, but I’m not sure how that would work. Do y’all have any? Are they reversed with the readers on top and distance on the bottom? What do you old timers with old eyes recommend? I bought some readers today with a 1.50 magnification (I’m sure the folks at Dollar General got a chuckle with me pretending to shoot my finger gun to determine the correct power.) I’m gonna give these a try in conjunction with my safety glasses and see how it goes. Any feedback is much appreciated!

Walmart eye care offers prescription safety glasses that are affordable and work pretty well as shooting glasses.They offer tinted, scratch resistant lenses etc and even do invisible bifocal versions

Walmart eye care offers prescription safety glasses that are affordable and work pretty well as shooting glasses.They offer tinted, scratch resistant lenses etc and even do invisible bifocal versions
I bought a pair and they worked pretty well except they crossed the lens up and had the right lens in the left hole and visa versa ....walmart.

I bought a pair and they worked pretty well except they crossed the lens up and had the right lens in the left hole and visa versa ....walmart.

Dang that's crazy. So far so good here....wish i would have gotten the tinted lenses though

Back
Top Bottom