• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old liquor still in the woods the revenuers hit.

whitelightnin22

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
Hard Workin’ Honky
139   0
Reaction score
IMG_1420.JPG
Found this ol liquor in the woods on my dad's property while scouting out a spot for a climber stand. Pretty cool to see. It has the ax chops in it where the revenuers busted it up. Even found metal barrel bands next to it where they had their mash in old wood slat barrels. No telling how old it is. Pretty cool!

Cool find! I have run into several over the years some with broken gallon glass jugs and also burners with some copper...That kind of looks like a possible burn barrel, but just a guess..Always finding something you would like to know the story, behind it makes it exciting!

I've got the remains of an old still on my property. It's by a creek and you can see the rocks where the fire pit was, a blown up boiler, some broken gallon jugs, wooden barrel bands, etc. One interesting thing is a pile of rusted but unused 1gallon paint cans. An old timer told me they use paint cans them since they were easier to load, sealed tight, wouldn't break and it looked like a load of paint under a tarp. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I've got the remains of an old still on my property. It's by a creek and you can see the rocks where the fire pit was, a blown up boiler, some broken gallon jugs, wooden barrel bands, etc. One interesting thing is a pile of rusted but unused 1gallon paint cans. An old timer told me they use paint cans them since they were easier to load, sealed tight, wouldn't break and it looked like a load of paint under a tarp. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Well done with the 1gal paint cans...I have seen them also and was told it was for yeast. But still exciting to find and wish you could sit around the campfire, and hear the story!

Back
Top Bottom