• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old movie hit a point home.

cimino289

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
First off I saw this in the movie easy rider and while not the greatest piece of cinematography in the world the scene where Dennis Hopper, Peter Fonda, and Jack Nicholson are sitting around the fire got to me. Here's a transcript of the exchange.
JN: You know this used to be a hell of a country I cant understand whats going on with it.
DH: Man everyone got chicken that's what happened. Hey we cant even get into a second rate hotel, a second rate motel even. They think were gonna cut their throat or something they're scared man.
JN: Oh, they're not scared of you they're scared of what you represent.
DH: All we represent to them man is someone who needs haircuts man.
JN: No, what you represent to them is freedom.
DH: what the hell is wrong with freedom man that's what its all about.
JN: Oh yeah that's what its all about alright, but talking about it and being it is two different things. I mean its real hard to be free when you are bought and sold on the marketplace. course don't ever tell anyone they're not free cause then they'll get real busy killin and maiming to prove to you that they are. Oh yeah they're going to talk to you and talk to you and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual and its gonna scare em.
DH: Well it don't make em running scared.
JN: No it makes em dangerous.

You think that young people don't understand freedom? They understand it as much as you did when you were their age. We change as we age. We value different goals at 50 than we do at 20. It's the cycle of life.

Don231s Don231s I was just referring to how they define it. How do they think about it? I was just picking brains for the sake of comparison

You came to the ODT to pick brains?:confused:?:confused:?:confused: That's funny right there! :pound:
Speaking of old movies... Before Zombies of course :)
abinormal.jpg

You honestly don't know how much captivity you are in... until you are free...:thumb:
I'm not trying to hijack your thread into a religious debate, but I found this freedom at age 25 (60 now) it works for eternity...
John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom