• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old Safe advice

codygarcia

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
41   0
Reaction score
I just got into a new office and it has an old Safe that I would like to use. It is a Sargent & Greenleaf model. The door is open, but I have no idea what the combo is. Anyone know how to reset it / service it?

Attachments

• 1498058934397364205160.jpg
    1498058934397364205160.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 17
Take inside panel off door and see where slots in dial line up. With S&G should be 4 slots (?) i think. The front will be the first number, closest to the dial... Second and so on.
Then try combo before you close door!

Need to get in touch with a locksmith or someone who knows otherwise.. Like the guys above.

You need the S&G key to insert into the slot that's in the rear of the S&G rectangular box on the inside of your vault door. Can be ordered online and instructions on how to put new combination is fairly simple and straight forward.

It's a lil bit more difficult without the old combo....

Take inside panel off door and see where slots in dial line up. With S&G should be 4 slots (?) i think. The front will be the first number, closest to the dial... Second and so on.
Then try combo before you close door!

Need to get in touch with a locksmith or someone who knows otherwise.. Like the guys above.
thanks everyone. i did take it apart, and it had 3 dials and slots. it was easy to figure out the combo. the dial seems kinda sloppy, so i might replace it. appreciate the input.

Easy to replace with new SG lock. If you want to take some of the slop out you can remove the tiny little key way pin and tighten dial. Just make sure pin goes back in exact same slot(there are 4). New 3 wheel SG well under $100

Back
Top Bottom