• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old school Colt 1911 slide tightening?

Gordylew

Firefighter Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
189   0
Reaction score
I have a 1911A1 Remington Rand slide that I'm guessing someone decided to take up the slop by placing the rails in a vise. Oh! they tightened it up all righty. My question is there a way to pull the rails back out?
Thanks

that's a big maybe....... depends on if you got a slide that has been properly tightened and is just a bit too tight for your new frame or has bubba gotten ahold of an old slide and crushed it??????? you've got to first measure it and tell us exactly how tight it is..... might be able to just lap it in or may have to resort to more drastic methods.

power custom makes the tool to open the slide back up a bit But, it's at your risk of the slide cracking.. (same risk you take tightening it)

done quite often in the 60s and 70s... not so much now that we have some excellent welding options.

you have a decent shot with a Remington slide to open it up as they weren't the hardest military slide out there..

you really need someone to measure what you have and then let you know your options

Back
Top Bottom