• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old School Hideout Conversion

I am loving this project . But up to right now not so much in the front sight. I was just assuming you would mount some type of low pro blade sight or a brass shotgun bead. But don't get me wrong, it's still a very cool retro project.
Yep. As indicated earlier vintage Marbles Sun Spot bead will replace the brass trial sight. The post front was noted as a simple place holder but its also inline with a simple conversion. (It worked quite well in yesterday's trial session) With luck the Sunspot will be big but not too big.

Not interested in the bobbed hammer. With a DA/SA action it's too tempting to try to go SA and then it slips.....and so far the hammer is no snag from hip or pocket, so....
Here's one I need to finish or get finished. It's a Heritage Rough Rider but before it was called Heritage. I swapped in a magnum cylinder and cut the tube to 1.5". I was going for a belly gun type look. Ordered a brass bead for the front sight but don't have the tools or skills to mount it.
The other is a Charter Arms Off Duty. Traded for it last year. It was pre roughed up when I got it. So bobbing the hammer didn't bother me a bit. I have since bought another older Charter with the exposed ejector rod like your project. Charter Arms used to be th budget snub when you didn't have Smith money. Bur I swear I love these as much as any snub I have owned.

Attachments

• 20220307_175447.jpg
    20220307_175447.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220307_175522.jpg
    20220307_175522.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220307_175614.jpg
    20220307_175614.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220307_175604.jpg
    20220307_175604.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 31
I bob my personal DA/SA S&W hammers, but I don’t modify my sears. I train to only shoot DA, so I ain’t tempted to thumb cock. I can understand if others aren’t disciplined enough for this, and I offer sear modification as part of the hammer bob package.

I always enjoy following along with your projects.

When bobbing a da/sa hammer it is advisable to also grind off the SA cocking sear for tru da only function. Anything less is a negligent discharge pending.
I have a S&W with a bobbed hammer, and dry fire only, in my bedroom, I try to mess with it SA, and it ain't happening in real life.

One of those theoretical things that fill up Gun magazines

I mean, it;s way cool, but exactly what scenario are you going to need SA aimed fire from a 1 3/8" barrel?

Back
Top Bottom