• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old School Skateboarders

First board was a Grentec, yellow plastic board with first gen ureathane wheels. Bought from lionel toyland. Next came a Wayne Brown fiberglass board with Tracker trucks ans Sims Pure Juice wheels got at Progressive. Fiberglass was always itching my hands and arms, ****ty for a skateboard deck. rode it until it cracked in half. Next up was a Webber Woody 27in. That was the board I rode in the slolam contest, met the guy it was named after and got him to ride it. After that I had a procession of Progressive boards that my friend gave me cuz he was getting a new board every couple of weeks from being on the team. Progressive even had their own wheels. Only board I have left is a Sabre deck with Independent trucks and Roadrider #6 wheels, giant wheels that have been power slid down to nubs. The whole thing is barely recgnizable as a board, beat to ****. I still get it out to ride in the driveway to freak out my kids.
I was 13 years old and my mom dropped off me and my friend in downtown Atl for the Z93 radio contest. His mon picked us up about 6 hours later. I hardly let my daughter play in our front yard if me or the wife is not watching. ( good part of snellville ) my how times have changed.

Awesome to see all you old school skaters. I always dug those old fish tail boards and watching old skate vids from the late 80's early 90's.

I just recently had to give it up at age 28 after a herniated disc/sciatica late last November. Its disappointing because in Kennesaw at the skate park I sometimes would see guys in their 40's still shredding hard old school style.

May come back to skate some light tranny when my back heals since it seems way lower impact but I was always a street skater at heart. Such is life.

p.s. Creature decks are the best.

OK, I just saw these PMAG stickers on ebay and had to resurrect this thread.

For all you old school Santa Cruz fans.....

IMG_0127-1024x768.jpg

Back
Top Bottom