• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old Truck postpartum

Baldilox

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
126   0
Reaction score
Why why why...

Had two trucks. Kept the newer gas sipper, sold the old GMC that reminded me of my Granddad.

That thing was a boat. 3 on the tree, inline six cylinder. It purred. Not perfect but straight body and so much character. Ughhh

The guy who bought it fell in love with it almost as hard as I did. Couldn't drive it for sh*t though! Not a natural with that column shifter at all. I hope he has improved over the last couple weeks, or Lucille is gonna need some work.
He agreed that I would have first dibs if he decided to sell her.

Attachments

• gmc5.jpg
    gmc5.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 75
  • gmc6.jpg
    gmc6.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 80
I have a 79 chevy like that one. Three on the tree, straight 6 short bed with no a/c. It was my PawPaws. Love that ol truck.
Very nice. My GMC didn't have a/c either. Rough on 285 in summertime parking lot traffic. Otherwise driving it made me smile. If mine had belonged to my Grandad, I would never have let it go.

my first car was a early 70's ford with 302 & column shift, a zippy pickup truck, no boat. The linkage would go out (alway late at night after I'd had a few) and would be a long drive home to cumming stuck in 2nd gear :lol:

Been tempted by a few look-alikes in the years since but I've stayed the course and now only admire them from a distance :thumb:
Yeah I bet that 302 had a lot more zip than my truck.

Still missing my old truck. Friend of mine decided to defiled her by transforming her into the Biebermobile.
Below is a pic of his handiwork. Buddy is dead now. He was a riot. Guess I associated him somehow with the truck. Wasn't aware of that until I stumbled across this damn pic. oh well

Back
Top Bottom