• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Older Leupold vari X III vs newer Redfield Revolution scope

10 ptr

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
55   0
Reaction score
Have 5 or 6 of these bought new when they were going for $450+ back in the day over 20 years ago. I understand there have been a lot of developments and improvements in optics., quality has come up and the price has come down....These have served me well over the years and have never failed me. I have picked up 2 of the newer Redfield Revolutions and I currently have one sitting on a 7mm Rem Mag. I was considering taking that off and putting the older Leupold on. They are both 50mm.
My question is: are the newer Redfields, which I understand are made by Leupold, comparable to my older Leupolds? Or are the older vari X IIIs still better?

Have 5 or 6 of these bought new when they were going for $450+ back in the day over 20 years ago. I understand there have been a lot of developments and improvements in optics., quality has come up and the price has come down....These have served me well over the years and have never failed me. I have picked up 2 of the newer Redfield Revolutions and I currently have one sitting on a 7mm Rem Mag. I was considering taking that off and putting the older Leupold on. They are both 50mm.
My question is: are the newer Redfields, which I understand are made by Leupold, comparable to my older Leupolds? Or are the older vari X IIIs still better?
only u eyes can tell

Back
Top Bottom