• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

On my way to getting off blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds

Something to consider:

Total cholesterol and all-cause mortality by sex and age: a prospective cohort study among 12.8 million adults

41598_2018_38461_Fig3_HTML.jpg

Interesting information. I am 70 and take NO meds just a handful of suppliments including the red yeast rice (get it at whole foods) and have none of the side effects I had with statin drugs. Folks need to do what feels right for them. As for me anytime I can take a natural product over a big pharma product its a big win. After this last Covid-19 vaccine scam I don't trust a damn thing big pharma says or does:)
From the articles I saw on red yeast rice, the supplements available have to have little or none of the statin to avoid being labeled a drug by the FDA.

These 2 supplements helped get my triglycerides down from 1180 to 240 and cholesterol to around 190.
For real, no BS my triglycerides have been above 600 for as long as I've been considered a grown up, but only 1 time did it ever get above that. I started taking those 2 supplements as a last ditch effort to no take any statins..

You may have hereditarily high cholesterol. My mom, myself and my daughter have it. My mom is skinny as a rail and has been eating twigs and berries (just kidding but not by much) and her cholesterol is in the 500’s! Mine, even in my cross country running prime, was never below 325. Statins lower my mom’s to 230 but literally cripple my joints so I cannot take them. I talked to a research cardiologist about it and she said “we really don’t know enough about cholesterol to know how bad it really is for you or even if it is actually bad for you”…she wouldn’t recommend men or women to even be on statins until at least their 50’s. She said the real research isn’t there yet but the pharmaceutical industry research is a different animal 😉

But that’s just one researcher’s opinion, do your own investigation.

Back
Top Bottom