• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

On my way to getting off blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds

My Chiropractor warned me about high cholesterol because of yellow ting in my eyes. Was put on statins and hated them. Then my optometrist told me about "red yeast rice". Been taking it ever since and levels are within safe numbers without statins.

My Chiropractor warned me about high cholesterol because of yellow ting in my eyes. Was put on statins and hated them. Then my optometrist told me about "red yeast rice". Been taking it ever since and levels are within safe numbers without statins.
Only problem is that red yeast rice (extract) seems to work because it contains a naturally occurring version of the same statin used in prescription medicines.

It's basically a non-prescription version of statin drugs, and the FDA seems to limit the amount of the active ingredient allow in the supplement versions.

Only problem is that red yeast rice (extract) seems to work because it contains an naturally occurring version of the same statin used in prescription medicines.

It's basically a non-prescription version of statin drugs, and the FDA seems to limit the amount of the active ingredient allow in the supplement versions.
Unordered.

Interesting information. I am 70 and take NO meds just a handful of suppliments including the red yeast rice (get it at whole foods) and have none of the side effects I had with statin drugs. Folks need to do what feels right for them. As for me anytime I can take a natural product over a big pharma product its a big win. After this last Covid-19 vaccine scam I don't trust a damn thing big pharma says or does:)

Back
Top Bottom