• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

On our 31st wedding anniversary......

I had been home From Nam and in College for several years when I met my Bride...I pulled up with my Harley at the apartments in the rain next to a new 73 Gold Duster..And then I looked and my heart stopped! I saw this beautiful creature sitting in the car..As it rained harder I motioned for her to roll down the window..She let me know right then, that she was going to be my life's joy..She shot me a BIRD..We have been Wed 46 years May the Fifth. I have been blessed with a Son, that has gone way past my expectations. My vow was and still is for life, I hate to hear that some Pastors are saying,,,,,By the power of God and the state of Georgia I pronounce you Man and Wife..What the Hell? My vows are only to my Lord and Bride..Screw the State!!!!!!!!!! The vows we take to our Lord supersede anything else. In my opinion today their is no reason to get permission from the state to be a life partner..Unless their are children involved. Sorry I got Passionate about this discussion and opinions..I simply chose for life it has worked for me...Choosing a partner for life does not come easy I guess I am the Blessed one to find a Bride to put up with my sorry Ass..Carry on, while I am planning my next menu..

I had been home From Nam and in College for several years when I met my Bride...I pulled up with my Harley at the apartments in the rain next to a new 73 Gold Duster..And then I looked and my heart stopped! I saw this beautiful creature sitting in the car..As it rained harder I motioned for her to roll down the window..She let me know right then, that she was going to be my life's joy..She shot me a BIRD..We have been Wed 46 years May the Fifth. I have been blessed with a Son, that has gone way past my expectations. My vow was and still is for life, I hate to hear that some Pastors are saying,,,,,By the power of God and the state of Georgia I pronounce you Man and Wife..What the Hell? My vows are only to my Lord and Bride..Screw the State!!!!!!!!!! The vows we take to our Lord supersede anything else. In my opinion today their is no reason to get permission from the state to be a life partner..Unless their are children involved. Sorry I got Passionate about this discussion and opinions..I simply chose for life it has worked for me...Choosing a partner for life does not come easy I guess I am the Blessed one to find a Bride to put up with my sorry Ass..Carry on, while I am planning my next menu..
Well said DD!

Our 54th is coming up in June.

Anniversaries are celebrations where two people acknowledge another year of working together through the good and the not-so good.
Birthdays happen on an annual basis no matter what kind of jerk you are.(Unless someone caps your sorry arse.) :yo:

if i had a prize for the winning post, this would be it !

My current wife and I started dating in 1976 while in high school. Got married in 1982 while I was a 2-striper in the Air Force. June 12th will be 38 years married.

Disposable wasn't an option. We had good times and bad times. I did a lot of stupid stuff. She raised two children, sold two houses and kept things going. Wouldn't trade her for anything. View attachment 2648042 View attachment 2648044 View attachment 2648045 View attachment 2648046 View attachment 2648047
Isnt that what it is all about ? Who among us with long marriages didnt do something stupid, sometime, somewhere? I know i damned sure did ! Thank God for wonderful women

Back
Top Bottom