• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One in a million shot

Today I shot a playing card on edge in half at 10 paces with a borrowed revolver and borrowed ammo!

They had been shooting at it for an hour or so as I understood it, they talked me into trying.
.44 mag Ruger Redhawk with 44 Special ammo.
No one was more surprised than me!

The wife was not impressed and threw it away, SMH.

Bullseye with a 12 gauge slug at 150 yards out of a 18.5" Chinese 870 knockoff. My brother had taken a few shots at it (missing the target entirely) and was complaining about the sights being off. I took one shot, it landed like a rested .308 shot out of a precision bolt gun, and I handed it back saying 'they look on to me'. I doubt I could do it again within 50 tries.

When I was learning to bow hunt, I'd go with my older cousin and he'd take me to a couple of his hunting camps with nice bow ranges... One had targets of all kinds ranging from 10-110 yards, with a black bear at the 110 yard mark, standing through some trees, leaves, bushes etc...

Got pretty good at shooting a bow...After a morning of hitting every shot commanded from 10-75 yards, kill shots nonetheless... another hunting camp member came up to place a $100 bet that I couldn't hit that black bear 110 yards out. Without hesitation took the bet, shook his hand, turning right around drawing, aiming and shooting all within seconds...

I hit that damn bear target alright....smack dab in the nuts. Collected my $100 as he didn't specify "where" and had to drag my cousin off the range as he was on the ground laughing so hard b/c he new darn well, all I would have done to a real black bear is really pissed him off!!!

When I was learning to bow hunt, I'd go with my older cousin and he'd take me to a couple of his hunting camps with nice bow ranges... One had targets of all kinds ranging from 10-110 yards, with a black bear at the 110 yard mark, standing through some trees, leaves, bushes etc...

Got pretty good at shooting a bow...After a morning of hitting every shot commanded from 10-75 yards, kill shots nonetheless... another hunting camp member came up to place a $100 bet that I couldn't hit that black bear 110 yards out. Without hesitation took the bet, shook his hand, turning right around drawing, aiming and shooting all within seconds...

I hit that damn bear target alright....smack dab in the nuts. Collected my $100 as he didn't specify "where" and had to drag my cousin off the range he was on the ground laughing so hard b/c he new darn well all I would have done to a real black bear is really pissed him off!!!
That awesome!

Was out shooting with some friends when I was a teenager. I had a mossberg 500 pump and a buddy threw up an old metal coffee can into the air. I shot and hit the bottom of it, bouncing it even higher into the air. Shot again and nailed it, turning it into metal shrapnel. Could not do that again if I tried.

Back
Top Bottom