• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One more Democrat biker out there.

I bet youve seen some doozies ..lol
we had thought about making i web page "under the seat " and just show pictures of what people have under the seat and on/in their bikes.
i had one guy come in and his bike was leaking oil. 16 gixxer 750. "they called themselves" changing the battery.
they (him and a buddy) dropped one of the battery bolts down between the subframe and lost it. no big deal,the new battery had new ones.....but the phantom bolt landed between the swingarm and engine case. just a few short months and we have a hole...
i have a machinist buddy who will repair just about anything for me. i pulled the bike down and removed the arm and he was able to tig it up. it was about a $700 job over a 10 cent bolt. could have been around $2500 to replace the cases ...
all kinds of fun....

we had thought about making i web page "under the seat " and just show pictures of what people have under the seat and on/in their bikes.
i had one guy come in and his bike was leaking oil. 16 gixxer 750. "they called themselves" changing the battery.
they (him and a buddy) dropped one of the battery bolts down between the subframe and lost it. no big deal,the new battery had new ones.....but the phantom bolt landed between the swingarm and engine case. just a few short months and we have a hole...
i have a machinist buddy who will repair just about anything for me. i pulled the bike down and removed the arm and he was able to tig it up. it was about a $700 job over a 10 cent bolt. could have been around $2500 to replace the cases ...
all kinds of fun....
Just a guess but bet he bitched about the $700, right?

Just a guess but bet he bitched about the $700, right?
surprisingly no. he has been a great customer. i told him i would have,and will install batteries for him for free...
i just showed him the damage,walked him thru pulling it apart and what it would cost to have the welder come to the shop. he understood the time i would have in it and what a service call to bring a portable welding setup to the shop..
some guys fuss,some dont.....

surprisingly no. he has been a great customer. i told him i would have,and will install batteries for him for free...
i just showed him the damage,walked him thru pulling it apart and what it would cost to have the welder come to the shop. he understood the time i would have in it and what a service call to bring a portable welding setup to the shop..
some guys fuss,some dont.....
He was the exception. Good for him.

Back
Top Bottom