• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ONE MORE QUESTION on M&P15-22 Rifle 16" Barrel .22 LR

Status
Not open for further replies.
good info, thanks. Don't have an AR and wasn't going to get into another field of guns but the bug has hit - at least for now. I may check around for an AR. Give me something else to research. I know there is a ton of different AR's out there and haven't a clue.
I LOVE A MISSION!
thanks

Yes, beware the AR bug:)

Alot depends on if you build your own, which I highly recommend, or buy one from a good manufacturer, either new or used, I highly recommend used because most people do not put alot of rounds through their AR, then decide to sell it. If you are patient and watch things for sale on this site or gunbroker.com, or other gun related sites, you can find deals on parts and assemble your own on the cheap. I just finished a build and came in right at $510 for a good, quality gun complete with irons. You just need to watch and also post in the items wanted section here. Putting an AR together is fun and can be done on the cheap. I've also had a chance to purchase a complete AR here with a Colt upper and bushmaster lower for $550.

SO finding a good deal does happen. The AR platform is great, purchase a lower, pop the takedown pin and replace the bolt with a .22 conversion to shoot cheap ammo, or change uppers all together. You can purchase a dedicated .22 upper, have the .223/5.56 upper of course, 6.8 spc, 6.5 grendel, .50 beowolf, .50 BMG, just to name a few. Very versatile weapons system. And don't get me started on the SBR's, makes my mouth water just thinking of what one can do with these rifles.

My overall point is that if you shop around you can find an AR on the cheap and then get the .22 conversion, which I've seen used for as low as $100, and have 2 choices. When I'm out hunting it's nice to be able to switch back and forth, I use my .223 to hunt deer and can then switch to .22 to hunt "tree rats" or rabbits or shoot rocks out in the pasture if I please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom