• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One of the coolest encounters I've had while hunting.

Death penalty if you do, maybe a death penalty if you don't. Makes sense. Sounds like modern western society. Protect the animals and punish the humans.

"Death in the Long Grass" is proving to be a fascinating and captivating read. I had almost forgotten it because it got piled up with some other books and lost in the mix. I found it a couple days ago and started in on it.

Great video. Most people will never experience such a thing. I'll bet dinner was wonderful that night.
Reading that book is what finally decided me on going to Africa no matter what. I had several encounters with dangerous game at close range, but thinking of that book is what gave me my second biggest scare.

We had been playing tag with a big herd of Buff all day and were closing in on them from in front of them in a narrow valley that had grass in it about 5 feet tall. I knew we were close and was thinking "Yep. Death in the long grass." About that time a Duiker broke cover at my feet. I damn near shat myself. After, my PH was looking at me with a grin from ear to ear. Asshole. We got along really well. LOL!

Reactions: MRH
That would have been a good shoot. You know what they say, “better to be judged by 12 than have a rhino horn up your butt.”
The defense is to get a tree between you and them and keep it there until they lose interest. :shocked:

Oh, these are Black Rhino. You know, the ones with the really bad attitude.

its-coming-right-for-us-memegenerator-net-every-florida-meteorologist-during-27533835.png

Back
Top Bottom