• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One PROUD Daddy!!

I got a 4yr old and I am just waiting for her arms to get long enough to reach the trigger and forearm on the pink .22 cricket. She loves to shoot with me (I hold the gun and take the recoil and she aims and squeezes the trigger) and I enjoy it just as much. Good to hear that I am not the only whackjob teaching a tiny girl to shoot.

Congrats man! My daughter is 13, and I just really started letting her shoot with me back before Christmas. Started her out on my old Marlin 60...and she loved that. Tried to get her to shoot my Taurus 94 revolver (also a .22)...but she couldn't handle the stiff trigger. Sold that revolver and bought her a Beretta U22 Neos to shoot...and now she loves that as well. She can definitely shoot well...it's such a rush to watch her shoot close-grouped holes in paper. So I am definitely a proud papa as well!!!!

Well, I did not have a girl to watch shoot. My son did well, but just not his cup of tea. Now, I have a grand daughter and I only have to way 4 more years till she turns 5 so I can teach her to shoot. Congrats to you guys. Not for teaching your daughter to shoot, anyone could have done that. But congrats on being a dad that TOOK THE TIME to teach his daughter to shoot. You will never forget those times, I guarantee it.

Had to share this: Grandson Caleb on Christmas morning a year ago with his new .410 and first shot results.

i167.photobucket.com_albums_u140_Rodneyinga_Kids_Calebfirstshot_1.jpg

I got a 4yr old and I am just waiting for her arms to get long enough to reach the trigger and forearm on the pink .22 cricket. She loves to shoot with me (I hold the gun and take the recoil and she aims and squeezes the trigger) and I enjoy it just as much. Good to hear that I am not the only whackjob teaching a tiny girl to shoot.

I got a couple of pink wood stocks for my little girl when she was three. I took one over the Davids and had the LOP cut down to 11", when she got big enough I changed out the cut down stock with the full length one.

You don't have to wait, you can get a regular wood stock, have it cut down and paint it pink for her. I also put a red dot on top of it for her. The rest of the story....she's now 10 and killed her first deer with an AR pistol chambered in 6.8 this year.

Back
Top Bottom