• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ooooh! I’m so excited.........

Thank you for the advice. We can’t stand cities so are inclined to rent a car at the airport and straight away drive out. We like the country areas, so Stone Mountain Park is definitely on the itinerary as is Savannah. We like the history of places we travel too as well as trying the local food, not sure if it’s Georgian but I’ll be looking for a chicken fried steak, haven’t had one since I worked the oil rigs so many years ago. @Wolfpenhiker recommends the Clermont Lounge but I have a feeling Mrs D would not approve. :lol:

MACON has some real old Homes from the early 1800s and if the Cherry trees are in bloom that is a great sight, and just south of Macon, there are some very big orchards apple, peach, and what is left of the pecan orchards from the tornados in 2017. Just south of Columbus is the LITTLE GREAT CANYON, you can whisper in the bottom and hear every single word at the top of the canyon. In Warm Springs, is where one of our past President, Rosevelt visited and stayed to soak his polio legs in the summers. ENJOY YOURSELF and hope yall enjoy our Southern State JAWJA,(GEORGIA) oh there are some good restaurants in south Georgia their food will pop your waistband buttons it is great all freshly made every day. Try Cracker Barrel's, UNCLE HERSCHEL BREAKFAST, grits, eggs, homemade biscuits, sawmill gravy with sausage in it, sausage links/patties, hot apples, great hot coffee, probably not as stout as you are accustomed to but very good. Our coffee does not dance its way to the table and we do give you a cup not a thimble to drink from...

Back
Top Bottom