• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

oops!!!! powder mix up

fathersam

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
8   0
Reaction score
last night i was loading 9mm with Accurat #7 . when i finished i pour back the powder in to 1 lb bottle of autocomp almost full. So i have 1lb of autocomp mix with About 5 oz of #7. By mistake.
my options?
#1 dump it out and lite it up mean trash it
#2 work up the load using data for autocomp because autocomp is faster than #7 using autocomp data is safe because #7 will make the mix burn slower a little bit.
any opinion ?

If you can load 9mm with both powders, I don't see why you can't still use it. I would start on the low side of the hotter powder and work up and make sure it's shaken up completely.

well the autocomp i bought just 1 bottle to see how it goes. so it will be a good fertlizer now. and i stick with tightgroup and #7 which i have plenty.
most important one powder at a time on bench .
lesson learned for $26+ tax

26 bucks is cheap insurance. I don't reload, but I do have some experience where all the factors are not known to me and I have to go by the book for inspections because of the unknown.
For instance, the combined size or type of powder may cause unintended results and it may not be as simple as a weighted average or ratio. Then again it could be.

Back
Top Bottom