• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

oops!!!! powder mix up

Make Fireworks with it. I wouldn't pull the Trigger on any Loads with it. Burn Rate and Pressure Produced, are different, ya can't just figure Burn Rate..

you are going against all rules of reloading for $25, so if you work up a load you going to mix it again and try to duplicate, Reloading is not for dummies.

In all seriousness, is this just being more safe than sorry? I do reload, but only rifle. If, for instance, I accidentally mixed a little Varget with some Benchmark, is there really any danger? The load data for .223 is almost identical, I think the .308 is really close also, in terms of minimum and maximum loads. I wouldn't think of trying to salvage a mistake where two completely disparate powders were mixed.

In all seriousness you're already generating about 55,000 to 62,000 PSI right in front of your face and under your chin and in your hands.
It sounds like you may be a little complacent with the things that have gone right from following the rules in the past.
Please don't be another one of the dummies that blows himself up by breaking the fairly simple rules to reload safely.

Kinda like inadvertantly mixing household chemicals. 2 things that are safe by themselves and may only be a couple of molecules apart can become deadly real quick when mixed.

If you have to ask the question,you probably know the answer. "I normally use diesel for my napalm but I accidentally mixed my diesel with Sunoco 110, will the flash point change?" Constants and variables... Be one or findout

burn2.png

Back
Top Bottom