• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open borders

Moe_Fugga

Default rank <4000 posts
Also likes turtles.
145   0
Reaction score
These ****ing liberal ****s are such frauds. They call it a crisis when 50 migrants enter their town. I hope they enjoy their open borders. ****ing assholes.

Would-We The People aka: radical terrorists, be arrested for going down there in thousands armed with our second Amendment and took care of it ourselves….asking for a friend.

Does not seem like the Congress or the Senate will ever pass any bills to address this problem that a president can sign into law.. Whoever the president is will keep writing Executive Orders that will get overturned when a different party / president is in charge.

It's one of the better solutions I've seen. I'll make the argument that I don't care if the United States considers you a citizen because you ultimately live in a State and contribute to the State. So it really should be up to the State to police how they want to deal with people who are non-citizens of both the State and Country. If a state like CA or NY wants them to be able to vote in Statewide (not Senate or Rep but Governor, State Rep) and Local elections, awesome. If Texas and Florida want to spend taxpayer dollars sending non-citizens to these areas, at this point that's probably their best solution since there doesn't seem to be a working federal plan. We depend on the federal government to handle certain issues (that's why it even exists), but when it fails in doing so, the States are ultimately required to step in for better or worse.

However, both sides have politicized it too much for brownie points and ultimately whether we agree or disagree with how these people are making their journey to the US, it's happening for a reason and THAT should be what we're focusing on. We'll send weapons to Ukraine and stake claims in deserts halfway around the globe but won't force our neighbors to get their act together. Not even talking Mexico; do you think some of the countries like Honduras, Venezuela, and Ecuador would create the conditions that drive people to emigrate if they knew we'd use our capability to curtail their shenanigans? Monroe Doctrine was thought of 200 years ago for a reason, and is arguably one of the few legitimate parts of foreign policy we actually need to involve ourselves in.

Back
Top Bottom