• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open Carry Q? Slinging an AR pistol...

That's a bit much, The man's saying with things the way they are with shooters in Wal-Mart and potentially anywhere that he would asses the AR open carriers intentions by asking "What the hell are you doing?" Everyone has said "It would be stupid" yet he speaks openly about defending his family against a potential psycho who's open carrying an AR, and seems to display disconcerting behavior and your talking about "Bloodthirsty Murderers" that ridiculous. Anyone that's reasonable will respond to "Hey asshole, what are you doing?" with "Just trying to promote my 2A rights" or "show solidarity for the cause bc the rally down the street" not act weird & combative like a potential shooter! I don't blame him at all. Your family and yourself only get one life, best to be cautious & aware with those lives!

Read again what he said, other people besides ODT members read these forums and the last damn thing the 2A community needs is people talking about putting two in the chest & one in the head about someone open carrying an AR. You do realize there’s folks from a bunch of alphabet agencies that monitor sites like this, right? What if the guy open carrying is just exercising his right to carry and doesn’t answer the way the OP WANTS him to and gets shot and killed? That’s murder because you can’t shoot someone for what they say. Talk like that doesn’t look on us or anyone else in the 2A community. Personally, I will not EVER open carry an AR or anything else, it’s nobody’s business if I carry or not but I know responsible people who do and I respect their right to do so. Too many folks talk big and bad about what they’re gonna do in any given situation, I got news for ya, when **** gets REAL, 99% of the population is gonna **** their pants. I don’t care who you are, you can’t just kill someone because they gave you an answer you don’t like. Now if the guy started to raise his AR then by all means, shoot till the threat stops. I’m still over here just SMDH though....

If myself and my family!were entering the same Establishment as you at the same time there’s a great possibility that when I spoke to you if you didn’t respond correctly that you would get two in the chest one in the head ! And it would most likely be like this hey mother****er what the **** do you think you’re doing ! But that’s only me I’m sure no one else here will have that response! Love Y’all all

Not the statement a pro 2nd person should be making.

Does the freedom of speech give me the legal right to say just about anything I want, whenever and wherever i want? Yes it does. But it may not be appropriate or acceptable

Actually, it doesn't. There are several crimes for which you can be prosecuted and convicted for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time or wrong place.

Read again what he said, other people besides ODT members read these forums and the last damn thing the 2A community needs is people talking about putting two in the chest & one in the head about someone open carrying an AR. You do realize there’s folks from a bunch of alphabet agencies that monitor sites like this, right? What if the guy open carrying is just exercising his right to carry and doesn’t answer the way the OP WANTS him to and gets shot and killed? That’s murder because you can’t shoot someone for what they say. Talk like that doesn’t look on us or anyone else in the 2A community. Personally, I will not EVER open carry an AR or anything else, it’s nobody’s business if I carry or not but I know responsible people who do and I respect their right to do so. Too many folks talk big and bad about what they’re gonna do in any given situation, I got news for ya, when **** gets REAL, 99% of the population is gonna **** their pants. I don’t care who you are, you can’t just kill someone because they gave you an answer you don’t like. Now if the guy started to raise his AR then by all means, shoot till the threat stops. I’m still over here just SMDH though....
Your words "People read this" which sounds worse? "Open carrying an AR and acting dissociative I'm putting 2 chest 1 head to protect my family" or "Bloodthirsty murderer" just saying, Dems will love quoting someone from pro 2A calling another pro 2A "Bloodthirsty murderer" that's wet dream status for them. Just saying take it easy with the democrat type wording of your criticism or that talking point your worried about won't be quoting him, It'll be your words used against other pro 2A's. Telling someone to dial it back is cool but do it without crazy titles & democrat buzz words.

Your words "People read this" which sounds worse? "Open carrying an AR and acting dissociative I'm putting 2 chest 1 head to protect my family" or "Bloodthirsty murderer" just saying, Dems will love quoting someone from pro 2A calling another pro 2A "Bloodthirsty murderer" that's wet dream status for them. Just saying take it easy with the democrat type wording of your criticism or that talking point your worried about won't be quoting him, It'll be your words used against other pro 2A's. Telling someone to dial it back is cool but do it without crazy titles & democrat buzz words.
Good point....

just don't, those that do are nuttin but billy bob fudd, attention whores
I agree can't understand why any one would, I love the idiots that carry an AR on their back either ..Number one open carry makes you a high priority target for a dirt nap. Carrying on the back makes it easier for someone, to gain access to you in a crowd. To each their own, do I carry yes! Do I advertise and display weapon no..I don't advertise to become a high priority target..Just the way I prefer to roll.

I agree can't understand why any one would, I love the idiots that carry an AR on their back either ..Number one open carry makes you a high priority target for a dirt nap. Carrying on the back makes it easier for someone, to gain access to you in a crowd. To each their own, do I carry yes! Do I advertise and display weapon no..I don't advertise to become a high priority target..Just the way I prefer to roll.
and that is exactly what open carry makes you.
The element of surprise is 80% of winning a confrontation, hit em from a direction that didn't expect, with a bullet hammer they didn't know you had, and end their idea of a good time.

Back
Top Bottom