• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opening Day Hunt

Deer were up all night at my
Place.
Saw nothing moving this morning at all.
Gonna go back out this evening.
My buddy really pissed me off for the last time.
We were supposed to go to a good spot in the mountains this am but he never answered my three wake up calls at 0400 after he promised last night his phone and night stand alarm would be right near his head.
I’m done with him....did this to me four times last season.
I need a new hunting partner.

I ended up going to a closer spot myself at my sister place that I haven’t scouted much pre season.
Hunting buddies are a dime a dozen nowadays. Real hunting buddies are a dying breed, just like wanting a gun on here. Buddies want you to bring a processed deer to their house while they sleep, ODT buyers/traders want your gun hand delivered to their recliner.........

Deer were up all night at my
Place.
Saw nothing moving this morning at all.
Gonna go back out this evening.
My buddy really pissed me off for the last time.
We were supposed to go to a good spot in the mountains this am but he never answered my three wake up calls at 0400 after he promised last night his phone and night stand alarm would be right near his head.
I’m done with him....did this to me four times last season.
I need a new hunting partner.

I ended up going to a closer spot myself at my sister place that I haven’t scouted much pre season.

I hear ya man. That sux. Accountability goes a long ways. I can understand if it happens occasionally, but when it happens regularly, I'm done. Always make plans to go anyway, if you are comfortable hunting a place alone. I would prefer to hunt alone anyway.

I hear ya man. That sux. Accountability goes a long ways. I can understand if it happens occasionally, but when it happens regularly, I'm done. Always make plans to go anyway, if you are comfortable hunting a place alone. I would prefer to hunt alone anyway.

Yeah I’m going up this evening.
I would have went but had to do a repair to
My jeep for the long drive and he was driving this morning.
It’s family so I can’t get too upset , but.....man!.

I saw a doe with fawn, and another doe around 9. The closest she came was 47 yards. Not this guy, my second year bow hunting. I’ll stick with 30-35 yard max. Good looking bucks guys!

Ended up seeing a big doe about 75 yards out and then had a mama and 2 fawns come out and hang around for almost an hour. They came as close as 35 yards to as far out as 135 yards and back again. At least I was entertained! On the way out, I came across a turtle! Can’t wait to see what the evening brings! Happy Hunting!

Back
Top Bottom