• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opening Morning Check In!

Sitting in my stand early this morning and watched a guy walk in on my property. Got down out of the stand, went to the Jeep and drove right up to where he was hunting at daybreak and laid on the horn. He comes over asking me “WTF was I doing???” I told him I was ruining his hunt. He got really pissed and asked, “why would you do that???” I said “cause you’re on my property and don’t remember giving you permission. He got all apologetic and left but not before I took his picture and a picture of his truck.
Yeah, they never know they aren't supposed to be there. The world is their oyster and all.

Haven't seen a thing other than whole lot of doves. I figured sitting 45 yards from some muscadines that are falling would be a good move. Apparently not.

Saw 4, first group of three I messed up and spooked them. 4th one came about 5 yards from me but smelled me. The 4th one then came back and was blowing at me. Then the first three came back again, I shot at the biggest one and I guess shot low. Exciting morning, yet disappointing at the same time.

probably my fault hunting on the ground but I love it, killed many from just hooking my tree seat up

Sitting in my stand early this morning and watched a guy walk in on my property. Got down out of the stand, went to the Jeep and drove right up to where he was hunting at daybreak and laid on the horn. He comes over asking me “WTF was I doing???” I told him I was ruining his hunt. He got really pissed and asked, “why would you do that???” I said “cause you’re on my property and don’t remember giving you permission. He got all apologetic and left but not before I took his picture and a picture of his truck.
That’s awesome

Back
Top Bottom