• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opentops....correcting faults on the new Ubertis

Remarkably accurate point shooting one handed from 3 to 10 yds. Just put the big bead on top of the rear, almost like shotgun beads. And wear out the paper or steel target.

20211204_092221.jpg

I see you are doing some more fine work there , sorry i havent seen you lately. I have been kind of busy. Trying to get these orthopedic issues handled- one surgery at a time. I finally got them to replace the knees. Done with the right….rehab, then i have the left one scheduled for Feb. After that gets semi- rehabilitated I will proceed to the spine in June. (That is the plan, anyway :rolleyes:)

I been missing your threads….i have a couple to catch up on. Love the Uberti’s !!

Me to on the surgery.....left hip total replacement, left carpal release done, right carpal release pending, a root canal and I hope that's gonna be all for a while.

Heal quick!

Me to on the surgery.....left hip total replacement, left carpal release done, right carpal release pending, a root canal and I hope that's gonna be all for a while.

Heal quick!
Daggum , you sound like me …. It sux but it is what it is. I just do the best i can around it all.

NOS (mid 50s) Birdseye Maple grip blanks for colts are a good fit for ubertis. Uberti parts are a touch larger so easiest path for best fit is to split the grip, fit/bed each panel, then final epoxies together. Here the right panel being bedded.
20211215_170419.jpg

All the factory forgots and/or niggling deficiencies that can be worked out at home with hand tools are addressed. This is now much more than an occasional range toy. Its fitted for reliability and durability. Time to make a holster and then get out and slay those flimsy cardboard invaders.

View attachment 3726264View attachment 3726263View attachment 3726262View attachment 3726261View attachment 3726260View attachment 3726259
Someone like myself would never know that this wasn't a factory built revolver, other than they didn't look that good from the factory

Back
Top Bottom