• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinion needed on scope

I've heard that before, and I've had a cheap 3x9x32 Simmons thats been on multiple guns, dropped multiple times, and never lost zero. Have had good luck with Wal-Mart Bushnell scopes as well.

Kinda what I was thinking. Under 100 dollars practically guarantees a loss of zero on the first drop. But maybe he will get lucky with the Nikon.

I'm the farthest thing from a glass snob, but 70 bucks with rings. At a certain point you're throwing money away in the name of savings.

That Nikon might be fine, looks decent. Redfield also makes some pretty good stuff in the 200 dollar range.

Every now and again something from China is decently made and cheap. Figured I would at least see if anyone had any experience with it. You can't beat the price on that Nikon though, and they will stand behind a warranty so I'm not worried. Just saw on Midway where they have the Nikon P223 for 119, which isnt too shabby either.

If you want to spend a bill, go with the Nikon.
If you want to spend two bills, go with a Vortex.

I honestly do not see how the $100 Nikon will not be perfect for your needs.

nikon or tasco. Ive had a tasco on my rifle for 9 years now. never failed me.

I'm with you, I'm like the master of cheap scopes and I've never had a problem with any of them.
Yea I treat them gently, but I'd treat a good one gently too.
Burris, Tasco, Redfield, Bushnell and I figure I'm living large with one Nikon and a Leupold.
I'll never own a Nightforce, I'd like to have one, I really would, but I just don't have that kind of money to spend.

I can see the difference in a really good scope, even with old eyes I can.
I shot a rifle with a 5x30 Swarovski with side focus the other day, when I looked around even the shadows were bright.

I've been doing a ton of research on this myself
And can't find anyone saying anything bad about the redfield revolution scopes.
Leupold glass quality, made by leupold in the U.S. And tons of raving reviews all over the interweb.
I think I'm sold on one....just
Can't find them on the shelves since Christmas.

The only feedback on improvement I've heard about was the thumb click turrets sometimes have a mushy click in between positive clicks.

I've been doing a ton of research on this myself
And can't find anyone saying anything bad about the redfield revolution scopes.
Leupold glass quality, made by leupold in the U.S. And tons of raving reviews all over the interweb.
I think I'm sold on one....just
Can't find them on the shelves since Christmas.

The only feedback on improvement I've heard about was the thumb click turrets sometimes have a mushy click in between positive clicks.

I just heard a good personal review on the Redfield revolution just 2 weeks ago from a guy I bought an X bolt from. He really liked his, so it wasn't coming with the rifle, lol.

Back
Top Bottom