• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinion needed on scope

Nikon has a lifetime warranty, and their service is pretty good.

I have several, hunted them hard and only sent one back, and that was my fault -- lost the ring around the eyepiece.

But I agree with the above posters, there is a world of difference between a $100 scope and a $200 scope. After that, the differences are very very incremental.

The "doughnut" was not part of the image through the scope.
It was a blockage of my peripheral vision.
Nothing to do directly with eye relief, although naturally the farther you put something from your face, the less of your field of view it blocks.

Speaking of eye relief, this leapers UTG scope had about 3 inches of eye relief.
That's eyeball to rear lens distance with a perfect full view through the lens.

IMG_5533.PNG
IMG_5532.PNG

Pics of the doughnut effect I'm talking about.
These are not my pics, not the same scope I'm discussing, but the phenomenon looks like this.

The scope will be irrelevant, if you strap it on the gun with duct tape.
The installation of the base and rings are much more important than the scope itself.

I've had a Tasco strapped on an A-bolt 300 win mag for 25 years. I've fired an excess of 100 rounds and wore the blueing off the end of the barrel from riding on the truck seat. I have never adjusted that scope, and will shoot a deer in the head at 150 yards every time.

I never did get around to buying the scope. Haven't had much extra cash the last few months. I've been looking around hoping for some good deals this weekend though

I've been doing a ton of research on this myself
And can't find anyone saying anything bad about the redfield revolution scopes.
Leupold glass quality, made by leupold in the U.S. And tons of raving reviews all over the interweb.
I think I'm sold on one....just
Can't find them on the shelves since Christmas.

The only feedback on improvement I've heard about was the thumb click turrets sometimes have a mushy click in between positive clicks.

Yes. I love the Redfield Revolution. Best value out there for a quality glass, IMO. Excellent eye relief, very clear, and made in USA. You can't beat 'em.

Back
Top Bottom