• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinion on vehicle age vs mileage

Typically the average is 15-20k per year. Used to be less but people drive more and more each year. 2020 being the exception. I’ve seen all males and models go for 200k plus. All depends on the use and abuse they’ve been through. Hope that helps. And I got a 06 scion (toaster) Xb w/ 345k all original everything but the alternator. It only lasted 250k.

I change the filter and trans fluid every 40,000. My 17 dually has the Aisin and it states to drain fluid every 30 and change the filter every other drain so every 60k filter. Just did mine yesterday filter and fluid! The best protection you can do for the transmission! Cheap too if oyu do it yourself and use Mopar filter and quality fluid!
Thats awesome. I'd have to change the filter each time though, I wouldn't get any sleep if I let the old one in new oil

Thats awesome. I'd have to change the filter each time though, I wouldn't get any sleep if I let the old one in new oil
I do it the way the booklet states. I have a lifetime power train warranty and as long as I can prove I did it to the "letter" I'm covered..... I document EVERYTHING ! fuel filters etc....

Hey guys. I'm looking for opinions on the age of a vehicle compared to the mileage. I'm currently looking at a 2017 Ram that has 185,000 highway miles. Truck looks like new. No issues or wear. All maintenance records, one owner and price is 1/3 of the price when new. Normally I wouldn't consider one with this many miles, but with the condition, records, and the fact that most wear happens at start up I'm thinking about it. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Drive it until the engine/trans explodes. Get the explodey part replaced, drive it until the next explodey part happens, repeat. Use the money you save not having a carnote on booze and ammo, and feel free to bring some over. Bask in the warming glow of not working for ford/dodge/chevy/toyota/etc and your newfound wealth.

Drive it until the engine/trans explodes. Get the explodey part replaced, drive it until the next explodey part happens, repeat. Use the money you save not having a carnote on booze and ammo, and feel free to bring some over. Bask in the warming glow of not working for ford/dodge/chevy/toyota/etc and your newfound wealth.

I just replaced the original carburetor (remember those) on my Chevy truck.

I needed to replace the tranny 30 years ago because it had front end damage before I got it and got antifreeze in the ATF.

Little things. Just replacing the splody parts as they pop up.

Back
Top Bottom