• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinion: Should states have mandatory training to receive CCW license?

I know what your saying, but...

I'd be careful being the gun safety police to total strangers that are armed, because you felt they weren't being safe.

Someone does something "unsafe" in a car on the road and a person abrubtly and directly corrects them, it becomes road rage.

The only variable you can control is your actions...
I'm talking about stuff like being muzzle swept at a gun range. You gonna stand there and let them point a gun at you or others and not say anything??

I'm talking about stuff like being muzzle swept at a gun range. You gonna stand there and let them point a gun at you or others and not say anything??
I'm going to ask them to be more careful the first time.
If there is a second then the RO or range employee can tell them to leave. That's their job.

Mandatory no. I would prefer consitutional carry. But if a state requires a CCW then come up with some kind of program where if you take a safety course then you dont have to pay for the liscense. And have a standard that the course has to cover kinda like hunter safety but more in depth to weapon handling. It would open up opportunity to bring buisness to firearms trainers or allows awesome programs that NRA or USCCA could offer to help people be more responsible and actually teach them something. Gun shops could offers discounts on a course or include it with a gun purchase as well.

I am all for freedoms and rights and all that....but the waitress that fired a shot off over the bad guys heads as they were in the car leaving here in Newnan is a nutjob that may have the right but I doubt the good sense to carry a firearm. And this state is full of jackholes like her. I really dont wanna get shot by some cowboy with a permit to tote....do you?

No, if you do something like that less idiots will shoot themselves and then they'll breed and everybody knows Beagles and Beagles make Beagles.

It's a Darwin thing without training .....

Back
Top Bottom