• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Opinion Thread" Selling a gun under 21?

"Would you feel comfortable selling a firearm (Rifle or Handgun) to a member who is under 21?

• Total voters
Hey y'all!
I wanted to run something by y'all and get your opinion on a couple of things regarding to selling firearms to individuals under 21. But before I start let me give you some background on myself and where I'm coming from by asking. First I am in fact under 21 and I've been shooting my whole life and my Father is a firearms instructor at our local range and a member of ODT. I have accompanied my Father to many ODT transactions enough, to say I have been impressed on the quality of law-abinding gun owners on this site that we have met. And I'm sure he feels the same way. I know the laws regarding minimum age requirements on possession and purchasing, and I know that some one 18-21 can buy a Rifle or a Handgun from an "Individual" and only a Rifle from a "dealer" so here comes the question for y'all..................D.....R.....U.....M...........R....O......L......L.....
"Would you feel comfortable selling a firearm (Rifle or Handgun) to a member who is under 21?
If your answer is Yes or No please state your reason, so I might tread lightly on this site.
If there is a "condition" to selling or not to sell. Again I'd appreciate it greatly for y'alls feedback. Stay safe and God bless! TheRealShewy.

Well TheRealShewy, let me start by saying welcome to the ODT. Now get back to work and talk with your dad about this later. If you don't have a job then go find one, save your money and talk to your dad about this later. I would not sell a rifle or pistol to someone under 21 unless I knew them and I was comfortable with them having it.

Yes,why is a rifle ok but a handgun isn't? I've never understood. And another thought to any that say no, what if said under 21 has a GWL? My son has a friend who is 18, finished basic and is active duty and has a GWL.

Back
Top Bottom