• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Opinion Thread" Selling a gun under 21?

"Would you feel comfortable selling a firearm (Rifle or Handgun) to a member who is under 21?

• Total voters
Someone handed me an M-16, an M-203, m-67, and an M-60 when I was 18.
Me too and sometimes an M9 lolol

I vote conditional. If you're talking that hood sass at me I'll walk. If you're bein respectful I'll toss you something but probably want a bill of Sale and some info, if you declined no worries I'd decline as well, but I was a young man who loved guns not so long ago myself. I prejudge like a mo fo don't care what no one says trust your gut and try to cover you a$$

1. According to Georgia State Law....an individual 18 years old may purchase and possess a handgun. Purchase is done via "private sale" If you are a FFL, then you MUST comply to FEDERAL Law. 18 resident or non resident for long gun/shot gun.....21 for handgun/ lowers and a resident. Here is GEORGIA Law.

Possession of handguns by minors: Minors (persons under the age of 18) are NOT allowed by Georgia law to possess handguns unless the following exceptions apply:

1. Attending a hunter education course or a firearms safety course.
    2. Engaging in practice in the use of a firearm or target shooting
    3. Engaging in an organized competition involving the use of a firearm or participating in or practicing for a performance by an organized group
    4. Hunting or fishing pursuant to a valid license if such person has in his or her possession such a valid hunting or fishing license if required; is engaged in legal hunting or fishing; has permission of the owner of the land on which the activities are being conducted; and the pistol or revolver, whenever loaded, is carried only in an open and fully exposed manner (no concealing of the firearm)
    5. Traveling to or from any activity described above, provided that firearm is carried in a unconcealed and unloaded fashion.
    6. Any minor who is on real property under the control of such person's parent, legal guardian, or grandparent and who has the permission of such person's parent or legal guardian to possess a firearm.
    7. Any minor who is at such person's residence and who, with the permission of such person's parent or legal guardian, possesses a pistol or revolver for the purpose of exercising the rights authorized in Code Section 16-3-21 or 16-3-23. (self defense laws, listed further down the page)
    8. The exceptions DO NOT apply to any minor who has been convicted of a forcible felony or forcible misdemeanor, as defined in Code Section 16-1-3, or who has been adjudicated delinquent under the provisions of Article 1 of Chapter 11 of Title 15 for an offense which would constitute a forcible felony or forcible misdemeanor, as defined in Code Section 16-1-3, if such person were an adult.
    1. Engaging in practice in the use of a firearm or target shooting.
Super easy to meet that requirement :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom