• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions/advice for sick friend

That rapid of weight loss sounds like some form of cancer, or possibly some form of toxin. Serious question, is he married or does he have someone who would benefit from slowly poisoning him? If he has seen an oncologist then I am fairly certain that he was screened for cancer, so my bet is on something environmental.
There are plenty of toxins that would kill someone slowly but are extremely difficult to detect unless they are specifically looking for them.

The cancer/leukemia has been a concern from day one but all the tests came back negative. He lives alone with a couple of dogs, we think thats how he contracted Lyme Disease. You're right about outside poisons, they almost have to search for each one individually. I don't think anyone has any motive for something like that, he was actually taking care of his parents until this happened.

If he is living on well water I would stop that immediately.

Is he taking any daily vitamins?

I'm not sure about the vitamins, but the well water comment is intriguing. That could hold some possibilities...

I'm a little concerned and confused about this also. I took him some pizza from a place I know he loves, he ate almost 3 slices. His sister took him some a few weeks later and he ate 4 pieces. Outside of that, he barely eats, he says nothing tastes good. But I would think he would eat something, anything, no matter what it tastes like before he starved himself and lost over 100 pounds? It doesn't make sense to me...
Does he take any medications? Does he have heart problems?

Could it be he's just lost his will to live ? Depression doesn't always show up, or recognized from the patient!

I am sure it is messing with his head that it's been 3 months and he knows something is wrong and the doctors can't find it. But I don't think he was depressed initially to start this downward spiral? He said he is ready to come back to work. I think he could be bothered and upset by everything now and you're right, it can effect your health and recovery. But I don't think that's the cause from 8 months ago.

Have they ruled out MS? Similar symptoms (but without the weight loss). Has he had a cranial MRI? Look for lesions on the spine or brain. Have him see a "good" neurologist.

Does he take any medications? Does he have heart problems?

I know he has some meds now for the above afflictions...I'm not sure if he had meds before, I can find out. I do know the Dr said he had affib, I don't know if that was temporary or constant though. That could have been caused by low hemoglobin and electrolytes though?

I am sure it is messing with his head that it's been 3 months and he knows something is wrong and the doctors can't find it. But I don't think he was depressed initially to start this downward spiral? He said he is ready to come back to work. I think he could be bothered and upset by everything now and you're right, it can effect your health and recovery. But I don't think that's the cause from 8 months ago.

Very sad, sounds as if he's being missed diagnosed from the start, possibly ?

Have they ruled out MS? Similar symptoms (but without the weight loss). Has he had a cranial MRI? Look for lesions on the spine or brain. Have him see a "good" neurologist.

I know he has had several MRI and CT scans. However, you make a good point about them being seen by a "good" physician. I don't know if any of his doctors have been good or not. Some I was not impressed with but I wasn't there when he was seen by the others...

Back
Top Bottom