• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions/advice for sick friend

Losing weight with blood in stools = needs a colonoscopy if not already done.

Any trips out of the US? Even one mission trip. Tropical diseases are hard to diagnose.

Altered shapes of RBCs = pathology that’s not fixed or addressed by a transfusion.

That’s a few quick thoughts off the top of my head.

God Bless.

I think there are possibilities with this also...what I don't understand is if all the doctors know he has Lyme Disease then shouldn't they be able to say all his symptoms are from that?

She also just told me this: He has 2 appointments next week, one with rhuematolgy hoping to find out more there. He did have some auto immune triggers in his blood work, abnormal ANA and such.

So I'm not sure what that means as far as a diagnosis...

I think there are possibilities with this also...what I don't understand is if all the doctors know he has Lyme Disease then shouldn't they be able to say all his symptoms are from that?

She also just told me this: He has 2 appointments next week, one with rhuematolgy hoping to find out more there. He did have some auto immune triggers in his blood work, abnormal ANA and such.

So I'm not sure what that means as far as a diagnosis...

A wide range of effects from PTLDS can go on for months. Some call Lyme disease "the great imitator" because its symptoms tend to mimic many other problems.

This is what struck me. They may be chasing ghosts. I would try to get him to eat as much as possible. The body wont fight this stuff without fuel.

Mercer is the university research hospital. Colosseum is Hospital Corporation of America, a for profit.
Yes, Coliseum is HCA and for profit, which is why they can, and do, pay their nurses more and offer a very generous sign on bonus, attracting the best in the area.
There is a critical nursing shortage in central Georgia and the Coliseum is spending a ton of money to attract and retain enough good nurses to make sure that their patients receive the absolute best care possible.
When I was in nursing school I interviewed with the hospital in Warner Robins for an Extern position, when I mentioned I was a former paratrooper and my wife was active duty Air force the interviewing nurse managers reacted like I just took a dump on their floor. Needless to say I did not get the job.
When I talked to the Coliseum it was the exact opposite, they made it very clear that they love veterans and HCA aggressively recruits military veterans and spouses. You can look on HCA's website and see for yourself that they are very military friendly. One of our department heads is an Air Force reserve captain and every time he is deployed HCA pays him the difference between his Air Force pay and what he would have earned working at the hospital. They take damn good care of their people, especially those who serve their country!
Say what you want about them being a for profit hospital, I'm a for profit nurse; I don't work for free, and I'm sure everyone on here likes to get paid for their labor.

A wide range of effects from PTLDS can go on for months. Some call Lyme disease "the great imitator" because its symptoms tend to mimic many other problems.

This is what struck me. They may be chasing ghosts. I would try to get him to eat as much as possible. The body wont fight this stuff without fuel.

Could a CT or MRI miss a brain injury or something that would make him stop eating? He used to maintain a 200# plus frame. Then around the holidays after the accident he started withering away. He says nothing tastes good anymore. It's hard for me to understand how someone could cause themselves all of these problems just because they don't want to eat. I LOVE to eat, I can't imagine starving myself down to 117#. I know what you're saying and it makes sense, I'm just trying to wrap my head around it and think what would it take for me to do the same thing, what would have to go wrong? If I'm starving, I could probably eat dirt lol.

Yes, Coliseum is HCA and for profit, which is why they can, and do, pay their nurses more and offer a very generous sign on bonus, attracting the best in the area.
There is a critical nursing shortage in central Georgia and the Coliseum is spending a ton of money to attract and retain enough good nurses to make sure that their patients receive the absolute best care possible.
When I was in nursing school I interviewed with the hospital in Warner Robins for an Extern position, when I mentioned I was a former paratrooper and my wife was active duty Air force the interviewing nurse managers reacted like I just took a dump on their floor. Needless to say I did not get the job.
When I talked to the Coliseum it was the exact opposite, they made it very clear that they love veterans and HCA aggressively recruits military veterans and spouses. You can look on HCA's website and see for yourself that they are very military friendly. One of our department heads is an Air Force reserve captain and every time he is deployed HCA pays him the difference between his Air Force pay and what he would have earned working at the hospital. They take damn good care of their people, especially those who serve their country!
Say what you want about them being a for profit hospital, I'm a for profit nurse; I don't work for free, and I'm sure everyone on here likes to get paid for their labor.

That to me, makes perfect sense and is good knowledge to have imo.

I assume you're talking about Coliseum Medical and not Coliseum Northside?

Could a CT or MRI miss a brain injury or something that would make him stop eating? He used to maintain a 200# plus frame. Then around the holidays after the accident he started withering away. He says nothing tastes good anymore. It's hard for me to understand how someone could cause themselves all of these problems just because they don't want to eat. I LOVE to eat, I can't imagine starving myself down to 117#. I know what you're saying and it makes sense, I'm just trying to wrap my head around it and think what would it take for me to do the same thing, what would have to go wrong? If I'm starving, I could probably eat dirt lol.

Nausea can be subtle enpugh to just make you not want to eat.

Yes, Coliseum is HCA and for profit, which is why they can, and do, pay their nurses more and offer a very generous sign on bonus, attracting the best in the area... I'm a for profit nurse; I don't work for free, and I'm sure everyone on here likes to get paid for their labor.
Take a breath sugar britches. I was giving information to Fast360Stang. That's all. This thread isn't about you. It's about Fast360Stang's friend. We don't need your little defensive tirade.

That to me, makes perfect sense and is good knowledge to have imo.

I assume you're talking about Coliseum Medical and not Coliseum Northside?
Yes, though Coliseum Northside is also part of us. I almost went here to work in their ER till I found out it was a pediatric ER then I was like " oh hell no!!"

Back
Top Bottom