Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Replace car and old one to junkyard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tacos....because Tacos!!!

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
dont sell it to a junkyard sell it to letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar lol
(just joshin ya man)
How did you know I'd be here? But seriously yes we need more details as in make model engine etc.i think the first thing I'd do would be to buy or borrow a pressure tester from Advance or O'Reilly. Screw it down over the radiator filler neck and pump it up to the appropriate pressure which will show on the gauge. Then you just start looking for the leaks. Probably best to do this test on a dry concrete driveway or over a big piece of cardboard. The leak should reveal itself if it's in the hoses or radiator.
If this is a GM car like say Grand Am/Gran Prix, Cavalier, Lumina etc it's likely the heater core. Nothing wrong with those cars but they have a rep for bad heater cores. Cheap quick thing to do is block it off / bypass it. But then you won't have any heat. The heater core itself is a cheap part. As in under $100.00 Most of the time. But you have to pull damn near the entire dash out from one side to the other to get to it.

For those who were asking, there is NOT any coolant in the oil. The car is not smoking and there are no funny smells anywhere. I do think there is a small leak from the radiator, which could explain the loss of coolant to some degree. But I would still think there has to be another problem that is causing the heater to blow cold air.

Back
Top Bottom