• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions on Atlanta?

What is your opinion on the city of Atlanta and the in-town suburbs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you haven't figured out that I like busting balls and I am an asshole then dont worry.....you will soon enough. I admire your willingness to spar with me. Dont take it so personally though when I poke the bear.

Well, you seem to be in good company on here. I'd guess that why only 12% want me to go away as I'm a clear and easy target for ball busting.

I'm also an asshole but prefer a challenge. It's easy to be an asshole when you have a mob at your back. It's much harder to do when facing the mob on your own.

Well, you seem to be in good company on here. I'd guess that why only 12% want me to go away as I'm a clear and easy target for ball busting.

I'm also an asshole but prefer a challenge. It's easy to be an asshole when you have a mob at your back. It's much harder to do when facing the mob on your own.

No doubt. I've been on the "wrong" side more than once here. They can be brutal. I've been told to leave the country more than once.

If you divide the "city" up by way of the interstates, there are some great areas, good areas, bad areas, and some plain no go areas. ITP we are talking.

Generally the quadrant north/west of I 85 over to I 75 is good/great. Think Brookhaven, Buckhead.

Generally the quadrant south/east of I 85 to South Decatur is good/fine. The line runs parallel to ! 20 about 3 miles north of it.

Generally the quadrant north of I 20 west of I 75 to Marietta Blvd is good, (West Midtown) turns great once you get North of 17th st.

South of I 20 with the exception of the Grant Park area is generally not nice.

I live in Brookhaven, used to live in West Midtown.

Not sure how many of us conservatives/Libertarians left. Lots of Lawyers/ Corporate types/ Govt beauracraps, shocking how many are genuine bed wetters/do gooders/hand wringers/ we aren't "giving" enough types.

During the Ossoff Handle special election, all I saw were his signs in my neighborhood. None for Handle. Yet it was only 54% Ossoff 46% Handle in my area. There are more than you think.

My next door neighbors are hardcore conservative and are heavy into politics. The wife used to be a superdelegate (like actually voted for the President) and her kids are political consultants lobbying for conservative causes in the Gold Dome. One of the kids told me that Tom Taylor was a great politician but a functioning alcoholic right before he was arrested in Rabun County.

During the Ossoff Handle special election, all I saw were his signs in my neighborhood. None for Handle. Yet it was only 54% Ossoff 46% Handle in my area. There are more than you think.

My next door neighbors are hardcore conservative and are heavy into politics. The wife used to be a superdelegate (like actually voted for the President) and her kids are political consultants lobbying for conservative causes in the Gold Dome. One of the kids told me that Tom Taylor was a great politician but a functioning alcoholic right before he was arrested in Rabun County.

Not shocking. There are a ton of wealthy conservatives and equally as many conservative city folk. They tend not to be as open about it.

Maybe, but I like my "time warp".
kqlnYPe.gif

Ummmmm... You know they best advice you could probably give a young person who wants to maximize their lifetime income is to move to a big city? The economic data is quite clear that when you control for race/education level/ income level those people who move to big cities do better (financially) than the ones that stayed behind. (The research doesn't say who is happier, just who makes more money)

There is likely some selection bias in that those who chose to move are more go-getter than the ones who decided to stay, but their is no doubt there are network effects in which people's income growth is faster in big cities than in other areas. It's not partisan, it's just the facts.

https://research.stlouisfed.org/pub...nopses/2017/12/20/city-growth-and-real-income

Back
Top Bottom