• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions on ODT10 and Coronavirus

Postpone till next year for maximum participation and economic reparation. Until then have the biggest ODT GIVEAWAY DAY in history. Members only please, larger prizes for supporters only. Generate some revenue, have some fun. Lots of guys paying attention to the site due to current situation . I would donate items as I am sure others would. Get it going. Table this ODT10 till next year. Just MHO
z9c0a78b986ec304299d1b2a0cd2443aa.jpg

Three things to add.

The giveaway should be for attendees only. Slackers sitting at home get nothing.

Start collecting giveaway items NOW. Lot's of good advertising for shops that donate an item.

Rename the meet to ODT 11 and sell shirts with an amp knob on 11.

zamplifier-11.jpg

Ill go june 13th, ill go labor day weekend, ill go October, whenever. But the shelter in place will definitely be over by june 13

How does everyone feel about things right now? Do you think June 13th will work out? Should we push to later in the year like Labor Day weekend? Or should I consider just pushing it until next year entirely?

Every option sucks, but I would really hate to have someone get sick and die from an event I had, and that's a pretty real consideration with how things are right now. Whatever I do I have to make the call at least 30-45 days out so I can have everything ordered and ready for the event. Just curious how everyone else feels about how things are right now. If I had to push it a year I would feel really silly considering I announced the thing over a year ago. :D
First half of June is probably pushing it and even if we are wide open, based on posts on these boards, a lot still won't come out into the daylight. Labor Day has WAY too many competing issues.
I'd do one of the weekends September 19th - October 10th.
Having said that, October 31st is on a Saturday this year. What better way to scare the locals?....

I am in the high risk group and if you opt for June I will probably have to bow out. September is a strange month this year. We are planning on going on a cruise that will take up two weekends (contingent on the all clear and all that stuff and we probably won't be getting off the ship until we get back). We've been paying on the cruise for a full year now.

I've been planning on the ODT gunshow for what seems to be a year now. Sliding it into next year with a higher probability of more people coming works very well for me.

I appreciate all the hard work you have put into the planning and putting together of the event. Thank you, whatever you decide.
if ya are in high risk, or not, do ya really think a cruise will be safe, heck I'd dodge cruise ships with no corna, they get enough noravirus to keep sick bay full.

I talked to the civic center and they had a new date open up so I took it - August 29th.

If things are still looking bad by mid July then we’ll just push it into next year. I think there’s a reasonable chance things will be under control 2-3 months from now.

Back
Top Bottom