• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions on threaded barrel bolt gun in 6.5 CM

I've been looking at the Mossberg Patriot Predator in 6.5cm. For a budget rifle it is well done. This guy shows his being demonstrated with an 11 year old girl shooting at 1,000 yards (@4:35 mark in the video). $350 rifle, $500 PA scope. For a hunting rifle I would say it is more than adequate, and yes, it is threaded.

For the love of god, people, he isn't looking for a bottom-dwelling budget rifle. Read.

Yet people are suggesting a Ruger American. Same price range. He is looking for a hunting rifle. He did not set a minimum on price. The Patriot is a threaded 6.5cm that can ring steel at 1k yards by an 11 year old girl. He isn't looking for a high end competition rig.

Yet people are suggesting a Ruger American. Same price range. He is looking for a hunting rifle. He did not set a minimum on price. The Patriot is a threaded 6.5cm that can ring steel at 1k yards by an 11 year old girl. He isn't looking for a high end competition rig.
And those suggestion the ruger american are in the same boat. Of course he isn't looking for a comp rig. Nobody has suggested one.

Clearly wants something decently "nice."

And those suggestion the ruger american are in the same boat. Of course he isn't looking for a comp rig. Nobody has suggested one.

Clearly wants something decently "nice."

Fair enough. He did not really elaborate, but OK. The Patriot was a suggestion to counter the Ruger suggestions, since he did say he would take a look at them. His words, not mine.

Post #7
Thanks I will give it a view

LOL I am wide open I may buy something on the less expensive end and a little higher.

I am looking primarily for a rifle to hunt with , likely 300 yds is a long shot.

Someone had a not pleasant experience (from their perspective) with Bergara recently relative to Customer Service that troubled me.

For the love of god, people, he isn't looking for a bottom-dwelling budget rifle. Read.

How about the savage axis?? ;)

Seiously, check out the remington 700 5R Gen II. Very nice rifle. Borders on custom quality with fit and finish. I was getting ~.75 consistent 3 shot groups with hornady 147 ELDM and the occasional .5 MOA with it. Its got some weight but not heavy enough to be cumbersome carrying it in the woods. Remington figured it out with the weight a perfect balance IMO.

It is threaded, but does not come with a brake, and remington triggers suck. So those are two hits against it. Street price is roughly $850-$950.

I also have a tikka T3 Tac in .223. Very nice, but the stock bothered me so I moved it over to a manners PRS1 and got it ceracoated by fatalbert. The rifle is a joy to shoot.

The Gen II 5R is ready to go out of the box. It comes with an HS stock, fluted varmint contour barrel, and its cerakoted from the factory.

Back
Top Bottom